Games you bought and still own but have never really played

Ugh, I just realized I never got around to finishing System Shock 2. I should rectify that. installs

Hearts of Iron 3 still doesn’t get past “world successfully initialized” so unless watching the loading screen a lot counts I haven’t played it yet.

There were around 120 games, when I counted earlier this year, lol.

Same here. I used to own it but lost the damn discs. They really need to get this game on Steam ASAP!

Spore.

You guys are both on gamer suspension, turn in your light guns and badges. I even ran into that bug where the three brain-of-many stars were indestructible, so I thought it was just a really really hard fight until reading about the bug somewhere (Usenet?) and finally patched and finished.

The only one I’ve actually never played, at all, was Children of The Nile. It sounded totally fantastic and I picked it up before starting Age of Conan with the idea I could get some unique RP ideas about Stygian (a fictional kingdom based on ancient Egypt with some unique and macabre twists) life from it. Then I got distracted. I just haven’t had a chance to go back. Too many games, too little time.

The list of games I’ve started by never gotten very far through is much longer.

Jerk.

You said it, hong.

I know why you didn’t play it! It’s because you are a wimp! A wuss! This game is too great for your little weak minded chimpanzee’s peanut-sized cranium! You don’t deserve to play this game! You haven’t what it takes! SEND IT BACK AT ONCE!

Okay, so my Derekism is a bit rusty.

I’ve purchased Civ 4 three different times, purchased all of the expansions, read the manual 3 times, and loaded it … once, for about 2 minutes.

The most bizarre part? I was a Civ 1-3 junkie.

This Steam sale has added at least a dozen really cheap games I will own but probably never play.

I also need to add Bioshock, Fallout 3 and Dragon Age. I’m sorry.

That’s tragic.

Looking at my shelf, I only games I see that I’ve yet to play are KOTOR2 and Tropico 3. I kept waiting for the completion mod for the former, and the later is still new enough that I don’t think it counts. I’ve only played the first mission of NOLF2 so far, so it probably counts here.

My list of games I’ve played a fair amount but have yet to finish is much larger, but that seems like a different thing.

Good God, man, you’ve just created a backlog within your backlog!

Games I’ve bought but not yet played? Too many to mention, but recent notables include C&C 3, Far Cry 2 & Elven Legacy.

Hmm.

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II
Elven Legacy
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time
Universe at War: Earth Assault
Torchlight
Afrika
Sacred 2
Drakensang

I have a bunch of games I’ve only played for a couple of hours, and I can add Uncharted 2 to this list once I pick it up this week and slot it in right behind Tales of Vesperia.

Resident Evil 4 for the PS2. Still in its plastic.
For the Xbox 360, most of Halo 3 and most of GTA IV.

I should also really spend some time playing Civilization Revolution again.

Oh, and Demigod for the PC.

Hearts of Iron 3. I’m still waiting for the perfect patch. I might be waiting for a long time.

HoI 2 + Doomsday + Armageddon

And you do know that you aren’t going to finish them this time around either?

The magic is in the effort, not the result. ^_~