Gears Tactics - XCOM Gears of War

I think most here would agree with your stance. Which I hold onto also, just that sometimes I despair at how the general public consume information nowadays.

I just don’t have enough time to watch videos to get information. Written information is so much more compact.

Back to the topic, don’t you find it strange that a title so pricey is available on subscription on day one? It’s a no brainer to subscribe to try it out to see if it has legs before buying!

I mean, all Microsoft first party stuff is. Gears 5, for instance. That’s the draw. I’ve had pc gamepass for awhile, but haven’t used it that much because I’ve been playing Overwatch. Thrilled that I will be able to play this and Minecraft Dungeons, though.

Oh yea! I didn’t realize that it’s MS first party. So there’s no op-in on the part of the developer required, makes sense now since MS is the publisher!

Edit: I may have spoken too soon. I see discounts for some games instead of being free in the Game Pass section.

Untitled

That’s the ultimate edition, which includes a lot of fluff. The base game is free for GP subscribers.

That’s great to know! I think the new tactical Gears game will be the one to draw me into the subscription!

Gears Tactics looks right up my alley. They are showing it now on Inside Xbox and it looks great fun. Tons of skills to unlock too.

The skill trees or something else?

Yes, skill trees. I think they mentioned 150? Should make for some interesting character builds hopefully.

Sounds about right. 5 classes, each had their own with 4 quadrants and you can more or less go all the way down two at a time.

They mentioned the 5 classes. It’s also the first video I watched and, along with the always satisfying sound of a character growling “Overwatch!”, I liked the look of it. Very Gears-y.

Yeah, I really think their determination to make it feel like a Gears game and not simply a generic tactics game with Gears branding has resulted in something really interesting and different.

Game has ‘Gone Gold’ so looks to be staying on track for April 28th.

Posted this 8 years ago on another forum. Glad I was wrong, as this game ticks all my boxes.

I’m interested, but don’t own a xbox and no intention of ever getting one, only reason I mention that is the steam version lists on the purchase page “Requires 3rd party Account: Xbox Live”. I hate being forced do do things like this on a game I’m buying thru steam.

So, couple throwing that bullshit hurdle at me with a price that is simply too high and I’m holding off.

If everyone pulling the trigger raves about it I’ll come around when it’s half off, but I’m not sure I’ll ever get past the xbox live account requirement.

I’d prefer to play this on console but don’t think I can hold out for the Xbox release, will probably play on PC instead.

Doesn’t everyone who uses Windows 10 have an XBox Live account?

Well here in Germany, MS hasn’t made a registered (email) account a requirement for windows use yet. I guess once that hurdle is overcome it’d be easy to tie that account to Xbox live as well.

Why not just get Gamepass?

Not that I am aware of.