Gems of War. The wait for PQ fans is over (sort of)

Could someone toss me an invite? I just started playing and I’m really digging this. Invite code MARCUSSA

The guild leader will have to kick an inactive member to make room for you, but we have several, so that shouldn’t be a problem.

Awesome thanks! I’m only level 17 but after reading through this thread I’ve stopped blowing all my gold on unlocking cities I don’t need. That should help my cash flow.

In the long run, your daily cash income will be much higher if you unlock every city and do their quests. But it takes time, and there’s no hurry. PvE battles cost money in the short term if you don’t field certain troops, while PvP shows a hefty profit.

You absolutely do want to unlock every city and do the story lines, though you need not be in a mad rush to do so. Every city gives you a chance at bonus keys/souls/gems/etc when you collect gold. And as Dave said, over the long term your income will improve. Also, if the new event like the one we had last weekend continues to be a thing, you will want to complete the story lines to access those (presuming you have to have finished the initial story). Finally, if they would get to adding content more quickly (the 1.0.6 has been held up by issues with the android version) having cities unlocked to add minigames as they are added will be beneficial. Finally part 2, city bonuses are helpful in pvp.

Yeah I am totally going to unlock more cities but as a new player with no guild dropping the 1500 on a city really starts to put the pinch on my bank roll.

I’m on the last quest in the first city and damn its hard. The issue I’m running into is that I seem to have some decent units but they are all the same color. I really need more units of different colors. I bought the $5 starter pack which gave me some decent units but nothing amazing that I can see.

This game is good though and being a huge PQ fan I wish I would have started playing sooner.

Also this thread is like the 3rd result when you google “gems of war forums”.

Once we get you in the guild, you’ll earn lots of bonus cash, keys, and gems. Your lineup will improve fast. When your cash flow takes off, you’ll be able to donate to the guild to help others (and yourself) in the same way.

Paging buzznaut, paging buzznaut. Marcus would like to join us, but we need an inactive kicked to make room first.

Haha thanks. I also sent him a PM.

I’m kickable. Stopped playing a while back. tylertoo626 on GC,

Thanks for offering, tyler. If buzznaut doesn’t pick someone else in the next day or two, would you be willing to drop voluntarily so we can invite Marcus?

Got the invite! Now to try and finish the quest line from the first city already.

Anyone have some good advice for good team comps?

Right now I’m running main dude with a brown mace
Level 5 boar rider
Level 5 wright
Level 5 dryad healer lady

It does ok but I’m not feeling it. Maybe I don’t have enough cards yet.

You just have to try different things. Find something you want to build around. Wight is pretty nasty with a color changer like Banshee. banshee and alchemist are also crazy strong.

I’ve run Hero–Alchemist–Banshee–Valkyrie for ages now. I routinely stomp teams with 4 legendary cards and have beaten heroes 200 levels higher than myself with that lineup. It’s so good that I can’t imaging using anything else.

Need an invite to guild when possible, friend of mine. HELLSPAWN83 is invite code

Buzznaut will have to kick another inactive to open a slot.

1 inactive kicked. Invite sent.

So I bought the event epic and she’s pretty awesome. She’s managed to get me out of a few spots that I would have normally lost. I don’t think it’s really worth leveling her up much though unless the use cost on her spell decreases as she levels up which I don’t think it does.

thanks, I’ll tell him to grab the invite now.