Gems of War. The wait for PQ fans is over (sort of)

By 2nd farming armor do you mean you have bought both 500 gem armors? I was thinking you really only need 1 but I guess you could swap them out depending on what you are trying to do.

It will be nice to get another fresh body in the guild. We are right on the cusp of getting the higher level chest every week so 1 more person might put us over that hump. I’ll try to do more this week also as last week I wasn’t able to get online as much as usual.

Yeah, Celestial and Dragon armors (I went and looked up the names). Probably overkill to get both but I did.

The difference between a guild like ours and the high end guilds is pretty profound. On the one hand, we have zero real requirements, and it is low-pressure. OTOH, we don’t get the legendary guild tasks and the literally thousands of high-end keys the uber guilds get.

As you get up in your PvP score (that blue number that no one, not even the developers, seem to understand), you start to meet people in the 8000s and 9000s. These teams are full of mythic, fully-traited high-end troops and they will fucking destroy you unless you have a good team and perfect luck. They get this powerful because their guilds shower them with so many rewards that they inevitably have mythics and full traits. It is really impossible to compete with them.

So, I recommend no one actually pay much attention to that aspect of it, and either fight the battles for the lulz, or stick to lower ranking opponents. I fight, usually, and usually lose, but I’m simply not willing to take the time and effort to look for a powerful guild that 1) would take me, and 2) would not make me spend my life playing the game.

Sorry – I was in a guild. Didn’t know that prevented invites. I’m available again now. Thanks!!!

Ok I tried to send the invite again from my phone and it looked like it worked.

Is there any reason not to ascend your troops? I find this part of the game tedious and annoying and wish there was an autoascend option of some sort. We get 100’s of keys a week, then after opening I have to continually go through and ascend my troops.

Thanks!

Yeah, I normally shy away from trying to taking on any teams rated over 7000, but after I got my new Wulfgarok mythic leveled up, I decided to try a level 1100+ 9100 rating team. I got a lucky early run and got my Wulfgarok to use his automatic devour ability and took out two troops at once while really boosting his stats due to the devour. It was a bit of a lucky run, but I did manage to take them down. I believe my team rating is like 5600 or so.

I am trying to fit together a wargare/Maugrim Woods team right now, but may just stick with the Wargare/Fenrir combo and fit them in with my current team. I really miss the team bonuses when using a lot of the same unit type or units from the same kingdom, though, but I really like my Knight Coronet in slot 1.

The only uses for excess troops are ascension and disenchanting for souls, and I find ascension is by far more productive. Ascending troops helps level up their kingdom I believe, and certainly improves their stats, as well as allowing you to actually level them up fully. So, no, AFAIK, no downside other than the tedium. But I mitigate that a bit by just sorting them on Upgradeable, and just running through the first ones, the ones that are ascension eligible.

I meant to say I buy event keys, not gem keys.

I recently picked this up as my casual game du jour. Is a new player, still working through the early single player quests, helpful to the guild in any way? If activity on its own merit has value for you all, I’d be happy to join. Or I can wait until I get to the point of mattering more. My invite code is Kyrios_2.

Sure thing. It will really help you out by getting guild task keys and troops and just by leveling, logging in daily, and winning battles, it helps the guild by gaining seals. Just try to remember to claim your seals periodically (daily) as that transfers them to the guild pool for the week.

Right now we have room for at least one last I checked.

I will try to send an invite.

Nope, not overkill. I think everyone should have both sets, eventually. I certainly do. You can then farm souls or gold, depending on what you need at the moment.

Got it, thanks! And thanks for the tip about claiming seals, I’ll do that for sure.

[quote=“TheWombat, post:744, topic:75789, full:true”]
As you get up in your PvP score (that blue number that no one, not even the developers, seem to understand), you start to meet people in the 8000s and 9000s. These teams are full of mythic, fully-traited high-end troops and they will fucking destroy you unless you have a good team and perfect luck. They get this powerful because their guilds shower them with so many rewards that they inevitably have mythics and full traits. It is really impossible to compete with them.[/quote]
It also doesn’t hurt that some of the mythics are bugged. In one match, I kept getting hit by Aspect of Death after I turned him into a wraith. Hell, I kept getting hit by Aspect of Death after he was destroyed. It definitely cost me the game. Not that I beat 9,500 rank, all mythic teams all the time, but that one should have been mine.

Yeah, there are…issues with the game at times. For instance, stunned troops are supposed to lose their trait abilities. But, if one of those traits is a respawn after death (I’m looking at YOU, Infernal King!), even if stunned, yep, respawn-o-matic.

EDIT: Fixed a patch or so ago, thankfully.

Sorry I didn’t do this earlier, but I left the Qt3 Part Deux guild to join the guild my wife is in (Match Masters). They are one of the top three or five, so I’m pretty sure the only reason they took me is my wife is friends with the guild leader :), but there’s another spot in the Qt3 guild as a result.

Was I removed from the Qt3 guild?

They pushed back the Guild War thing until at least next week, but it looks like it will be…interesting, if nothing else. The explanation of the system on the web site is Byzantine, to say the least, and it seems the developer (which is like two people it appears) isn’t even sure whether what they have planned will work. But it does offer some interesting opportunities to explore new builds.

At this point, I have found nothing better to use than Korvash/Valkyrie/Mab/Mercy. With all the traits, it’s pretty much a machine for generating extra turns. You can go nearly the whole match not giving the other side an opportunity to do anything. If, that is, you get a good start, or at least, not a terrible start (as in, no fours or no way to fire Mercy for a four, and they get a cascade of fours). Haven’t found much need to change up this line up.