Genshin Impact - Anime Gacha or F2P Breath of the Wild?

I’m gonna jump back in to try the 60fps mode on PS5.

I still play, put in a few hours a week and only AR17 right now so have plenty of content ahead of me yet. I’m not in a super hurry to grind through things and then run out of stuff to do. I haven’t dumped any money into it yet either.

Current main group is Traveler (Anemo), Fischl, Kaeya and Xinglang

Boom.

Genshin Impact has already made over a billion dollars in just six months—not even including revenue from its PC and console versions. That makes Genshin Impact the fastest growing game ever. For comparison, it took Fortnite’s mobile version two years to reach the billion dollar threshold.

Driving that profit is Genshin Impact’s characters. On average, Genshin Impact makes about $5.8 million a day, but whenever a new character is added that revenue surges up to an average of $12 million. And again, that’s just on mobile.

Insanity. FWIW, I found exploring the world was terrific. Lost interest after that, as the artifact RNG grind is horribly unfun. They really need to tie more gameplay into the open world but they’re likely to avoid doing that due to their business model. They don’t want to alienate the cash cows with more money than time and drop $10,000 on a new character.

And, I mean, from a business POV they obviously are taking the “right” approach. $12 million a day from only the mobile side. Crazy.

Pretty much the same. I came back for a while when they added the icy mountain and since then it’s been nothing but mediocre limited time events so I’m out. Obvious why they do it like they do and it was quite predictable; unfortunately making the game more fun and expansive isn’t what brings in the cash. :/

I hope Nintendo is paying attention here.

For Breath of the Wild 2 they need to put sexy anime Bokoblins with a ton of fan service moments behind Gacha pull mechanics. They’ll be printing money.

I’m an idiot and I have a stupid inexplicable fondness for gear grind and gacha, so I’m part of the problem. I still login daily to pound the skinner box buttons (it’s a pretty good side activity during zoom meetings.)

I am basically stuck on this game. The mechanics and meta are really good, and each of the characters really play differently.

I’m still waiting until I can invert my mouse!

From what I’ve read the next big content update (Ice mountain sized) is probably two months away, along with new element (Dendro).

Yeah, they did a good job of making every character worthwhile. Except maybe Amber. And Qiqi.

This silly game actually trained my brain away from invert mouse.

Qiqi at least isn’t far away from being good, there’s just no need for her huge healing on long cooldowns. If she could just get some decent particle generation or some support utility to go along with her heals, she’d be pretty good. As it is, what healing she does is overkill and she doesn’t bring anything else to the table.

Amber… well, she’s handy for puzzles I guess? :)

Them’s fighting words. She’s a key part of my mighty mini team, along with Klee and Dione.

Problem with Qiqi is that Diona makes her look bad in every way except for healing, and Diona heals enough. Even if there’s some kind of endurance mode in the future that requires good healing, they’ll probably have to balance it around the majority of the burst healers in the game. Just a disappointing 5*, I don’t mind having one copy I guess, hopefully I never run into her constellations though.

The one nice perk of Qiqi over Diona is the fact that her heals scale with ATK which is a lot more useful than HP. I agree with you, though, I use Diona over Qiqi in most of my lineups. The shield can be quite useful and she’s much better at generating particles, applying Cryo, and her heal has a cleanse. I don’t think Qiqi cleanses?

Barbara is all you need for healing, and triggering Hydro reactions.

Barbara is quite nice at healing output but the fact that she applies Wet to you when her elemental skill is running can reeeeeally suck. Especially when you’re fighting Cryo enemies. :)

Barbara is also the other healer that contributes nothing else to the team.

Honestly, when it comes to the healing slot I have a hard time not taking Bennett. The 70% healing cap can make my OCD itch but I can pretty much always have his healing field down and the attack boost from it is hard to pass up.

Barbara cleanses! (by freezing you)

Yeah, he’s the best healer. Not enough Bennett and Xinggiu to go around.

(Though now that I built up Hu tao he’s less essential (and a bit counterproductive) on her team.)