Gentlemen, start your photocopiers! Royale is the new MOBA

On E3 they showed a BR where 1000 people land in a isle. What a bad idea. Is going to have only one game running every time, and if you die, you would have to wait for 1000 people to die. perhaps people hiding in a basement or behind a sofa.

One thing about Ring of Elysium that gives me a chuckle is the loot crate that drops out of the sky. Here it looks like one of those tsunami survival spheres and it interacts with terrain, so if it lands on a hill it starts rolling, trailing bright orange smoke all the way and more than a few times I’ve seen other players track to the landing spot and then end up sprinting after it as it rolls away.

Today’s game was taking part during one of the fairly rare intense storms, with over the top cinematic thunder and lightning…

And then the crate started to drop just in view for me and about halfway down the balloon its attached to was actually hit by the lightning and caught fire…

The ball hit the ground hard enough to bounce, so now I need to know what it does to someone standing under it.

That makes no sense. Do they not expect to have more than 1000 players in total? So just one server with 1000 players? As said, it makes no sense what so ever.

i think he was just making a prediction. They aren’t actually going to do that. plus, the game is launching with 400 players to a map (that is already known, they released that months ago) and then “expanding” to 1000 players in 2019

Actually it does. That’s why they specifically mention that Sanhok will not have it in their latest dev update:

The second topic is a little surprise about the way Sanhok’s matchmaking will work. We want Sanhok to feel like a truly chaotic, different gaming experience. For that reason, there will be no MMR-based matchmaking when you play on Sanhok. Although career stats will still be recorded, your performance on Sanhok won’t affect your MMR at all.

If this is really true, though, how is so easy for any random schmuck to get matched with larger streamers?? I think there is like some attempt at mmr matchmaking but they must prioritize speed

Its like we a get a new game every week!

If only one person tried to snipe a popular streamer and joined every time, then sure. But there are probably in the dozens if not hundreds who try, so of course some of them are going to be matched.

Also, these streamers are in probably in the top 0.1% (or higher), and since there are 6 regions, 3 team modes, 2 maps and 2 perspectives, the number of players in each bucket is probably too low to match players with the “exact” same MMR. That’s the main issue with having so many playlist options. Compare with Fortnite who only has to deal with regions and team modes.

wat45

It’s a real game!

I can see that! But still: wat.

You remember The Culling right? (I don’t either.) Time for a sequel announcement!

https://twitter.com/TheCullingGame/status/1007246336025079809

The first game was in early access from March 2016 to October 2017. In December 2017, the studio posted this note that development would cease on The Culling.

After more than two years dedicated to making The Culling, it’s time to announce that Xaviant has begun work on a new title. Despite having grown our then tiny team into a slightly larger group of twenty developers, this means that our entire focus is now on our new project. There are no future updates planned for The Culling.

Good luck getting anyone to buy into your next game.

Did it ever come out of early access?

I remember it but only from PR

Yes. Oct 2017. Then the devs abandoned it in Dec.

Ah yes, our game that has been out for 8 months is over. Buy the new one.

Yesterday was a really big day for me in Ten Cent’s Chinese Chicken game.

I got a panda hat.

The community for the game had already died, long before. They took multiple attempts at reviving it before moving on.

It was a pretty cool game, maybe slightly ahead of its time. There are a lot of lessons that other BR games could learn from it.

I finally got to try the Fractured Lands beta, but unfortunately the game ran like dogshit on my GTX 980, and there were no video options to speak of (only resolution, vsync and unlocked fps). And maybe it was because of the fluctuating fps, but I didn’t think the actual driving was any good either (both movement and driving felt really slow).

I was thinking of getting the Mavericks founders pack, but this Eurogamer video put me off.

TPP and no ADS? Yuck.