Ghost Recon Wildlands - Ghosts say no to drugs

I’m assuming I have to be looking at the target? That seems … dumb? I mean I gave the guy the target, I need to line up one of the others. I thought just hitting Q would have him fire, while I double tap another target.

This is making me want to just ‘lone wolf’ this thing or prefer a guns blazing approach versus stealth.

Hey Skip, It works that way too. Tag a few and then line up on a different target. When you pull the trigger everyone else will execute (if they can).

Thing is, they have to have a clear shot or its a no-go for that teammate. They usually say so too.

Synch shot in this game is interesting. Try it against a target that’s on the other side of a base when you are up high and can see the whke base. You can actually watch your guy move laterally and “slice the pie” to get into LOS. Really good pathfinding by the devs.

Nice tips from both of you, thanks @GreasyPig and @Guap.

I didn’t know they guys were waiting on me to engage.

It works both ways - hold Q to have them fire, or just open up yourself. It’s pretty cool and genuinely useful. In the dlc you could fire a shot from your drone to trigger them too :)

You don’t have to be looking at the target when you hold Q, but you do have to be looking through the scope. It’s weird, but a few commands work that way e.g. switching from semi to auto, or between rifle and under barrel grenades. Maybe it’s a way of fitting everything onto a gamepad.

I think based on some of the comments, maybe my guy was repositioning or something. Holding Q did not get them to fire, multiple times when I tried it yesterday going through the first few engagements. I think the key might have been me not looking through a scope, so what all counts here? Iron sights? Binoculars? Drone?

When they are not in position the key press icon will be translucent. When they are ready it will go solid. On the Bone this is the A key, not sure what it is on PC (Q I guess?) They will also give verbal confirmation of the shot. Keep in mind the icon will go back and forth between these states as enemies wander around a base or whatever and LOS becomes obstructed and clear.

On the PC, (probably on console as well), if a companion is not in position there will be a little spinning icon over the sync indicators on the right side of the screen. If you hold the button then, the shot will not be taken.

Intersting thing with Q tagging is that they are deadly killers if you mark something for them, if you’re just being attacked by the endless resupply of unidad soldiers, they’re as useless as paper armor.

So what do the difficulty levels do?

They affect how much damage you take. On Arcade you’re a bulletsponge, on the highest difficulty it’s just 1-shot-1 kill on you.

Finally 100% finished this. The story is almost like in GTA game: disgusting and taking itself too seriously. Ostensibly you are fighting drug cartel embedded in Bolivia, but there is basically no rule. Collateral damage, civilian kills, even fighting Bolivian military have almost zero ramification in-game. The military will back off once you get out of sight, which is so GTA. The game helpfully tracks how many people you’ve killed, but not how much collateral damage you caused, or how many innocent lives you’ve killed.

Gameplay is the usual Ubi-quity open world, with almost zero tactical nuance found in a normal Ghost Recon game. You can turn the difficulty all the way to one hit and you are dead, but there is still many gamey elements like disappearing corpse, which makes stealth missions extremely cheap. Your AI buddy aim is so good they can shoot through wall while you can’t.

The environment however is beautiful. That salt flat, my goodness, is so awesome I want to go to Bolivia to see it for myself. Everything else is beautiful, from thick forest to weather effects. I have to turn the graphics to ultra high and suffer through mid 30s FPS on my RX 480 just to soak it all in.

Updates still coming… A permadeath mode that solves the always available weapons Tom hated so much. And you can play solo without your bots too, if they annoyed you too much.

Just played the little single player part of this. Weird OTT murder of Bolubians ahoy…

It’s good to see Ubi is still putting out content for this game.

The new mission is fine, but crappy checkpointing was old years ago.

I’m excited I have a reason to hop back in for a bit.

So after finishing FC 5 and 5.5 I am still up for more open world shooty things. I have the full on luxury edition of this as I originally planned to play this with a friend but that never materialised and propably won’t. Due to an erratic play schedule I want to play solo. From what I hear they have improved this area since launch as well. Can someone with experience maybe enlighten me? How is it solo with AI?

I played a fair amount with about an even split between single player and two-player coop, with very occasional third friend coming in to add to our play.

I came in quite late, probably about a year after it was released. I thought it was quite decent as a single player game. No complaints.

It will probably get more repetitive faster playing single player. But I had fun with it. And from the sound of it you already own it, so you don’t have to worry about whether it’s worth springing for.

Solo’s a lot of fun, if you enjoy the setting. Be thankful you were spared the early chopper controls…

You can apparently turn off your AI buddies now if you feel like it.