Ghostbusters: Afterlife - The real Ghostbusters 3

I’ve always thought of the 2009 video game as Ghostbusters 3, personally.

New newsworthy news:

The New Ghostbusters Casts a Young Captain Marvel Actress as Its New Lead

Girls, in my Ghostbusters ? Yeah, that’s just how things go, it’s really not a big deal.

In news that certainly isn’t going to be at the nexus of any weird regressive culture war nonsense, the full set of leads for Jason Reitman’s Ghostbusters movie has been announced. In addition to the ones we already knew about, like Finn Wolfhard and Carrie Coon as the mother and son of the starring family, we now know that Mckenna Grace, the 12-year-old actress who played a young Carol Danvers in Captain Marvel recently, will be joining the film as one of its stars.

So there’s a fourth Ghostbusters in the works but it’s being called Ghostbusters 3? Or is that just the name of this topic?

I like Carrie Coon, she raises my interest in anything she is in by default tbh. So, carefully enthusiastic for now.

Technically, the all female Ghostbusters was separate from the original Ghostbusters and not considered a sequel. They even advertised it as such. This one is an actual sequel to the originals.

hrm. They’re going to have to really nail the script to not be the pandering handover that it already feels like, especially after everyone knowing how the last GB went down.

Get Moranis back or I’m out. Ha ha,I’m kidding. But seriously, get Moranis.

Ive read that they want him back so I guess that’s pretty much up to Rick.

So would the old cast be the stars or are they just in supporting roles and there’s a new group of Ghostbusters?

Would an Egon ghost be disrespectful? They could make a muppet of Harold Ramis and have him guide the new team from the afterlife.

Why don’t they just leave this corpse dead and buried?

because if corpses stayed dead and buried you wouldn’t need Ghostbusters.

They actually considered a CG Egon ghost at one point. I have no idea if that concept is still valid.

Seems relevant:

We have an official title.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Why a subtitle? Ghostbusters 2 was just… Ghostbusters 2. Now people will think this is a sequel to the 2014 “Ghostbusters”. Argh.

Re: thread title.

I thought the Ghostbusters Video game was the real Ghostbusters 3?

Doesn’t that make this the real Ghostbusters 4?

No, no, The Real Ghostbusters was the cartoon.