Ghostbusters - June 2009

I played on 360, thought it was pretty fun. But good grief, that’s been five years now. Maybe I should play it again!

‘Unplayable’ (in terms of mouse support) is an understatement. I really should go back and give it another chance now that I own a controller…

As I recall, they also dropped multiplayer and maybe some other features from the PC version. I think the 360 was the definitive version ( and I loved it, in spite of one particularly frustrating level).

Hmmm, I played it and enjoyed it on the PC with a mouse. I guess I’m weird.

Ah cool , glad its getting a update for current gen. Its pretty much the 3rd movie imho.

Oh man, I love this game. I was glad it got added to BC for Xbox but what the heck, I’ll probably buy it again.

It strikes me as super odd that they waited until the tail end of this gen to remaster this. I could understand if there was some hot new movie or show coming out right now, but there isn’t. The timing just seems odd.

Man, what a great trailer. They got all the original actors (including Harold Ramis) AND they got the Ghostbusters song that everyone loves.

I keep meaning to play this game. And I keep forgetting whether I own it or not.

EPIC page is up, nothing on Steam yet…

And… its an EPIC exclusive.

Did this need a remaster at all?

I would have thought they’d time this to coincide with the release of the new movie.

I would have hoped it would be a free update for owners of the original. Kind of tired of these money grabs - at least make it cheap dlc or something.

So, seeing as remaster was given on EGS for free I decided to rewatch the original two films and then play it. I haven’t seen the movies in about two decades, so I was pleasantly surprised they are indeed as great as I remember from childhood, and I liked second one even more than the first one (more emphasis on character relationships, awesome antagonists in both Janosz and Vigo, incredible setpiece at the end with the Liberty walking in NY).
So I installed the remaster, but before playing I checked some comparison videos…and found out that the “remaster” is actually just a port of the existing PC version, there is nothing remastered in it. So I just installed the original PC version I have on steam. So far played first couple missions and it seems really awesome, kinda like an actual third movie.

Yep! Enjoy it @Paul_cze , it was one of my favorite games back when it released.

I am not finding it a pushover even on the easiest difficulty level, which I am now glad I selected.

Yep I also selected casual difficulty. Just…not fussed about being challenged in a Ghostbusters game, in it for a story.

Cheers, lord king of south carolina