Ghosts of Tsushima - Mongols Sucker Punch Japan

That doesn’t seem to be true with a number of PS4 exclusives. For example, The Last of Us, the Uncharted series, Days Gone never came to PC.

None of the previous sucker punch games left PlayStation either. First and second party games will never get ported.

Like I said, maybe not truly on the PC through install, but maybe through PS Now. You can play God of War and Uncharted 4 on the PC now that way until January something.

Is this game by a Japanese or Western developer?

If this game were an set in some alternate history where the Mongols successfully invade Japan I would be more interested. Otherwise it’s just national pride propaganda and we get enough of that shit from Americans already.

Sucker Punch is in California I think.

Okay, there’s the answer then.

There isn’t a lot of “national pride shit” in game form from Japanese developers. The Oda Nobunaga stuff is restrained low key strategy except for the Sengoku Basara / Samurai Warriors offshoot stuff which is all over-the-top silliness. Nothing that I know of that matches American chest thumping exceptionalism in game form. Maybe we need Yukio Mishima QTE based game.

I totally trust Sucker Punch to do this right with their track record of games though. It seem they are getting proper Japanese American/Japanese acting voice talent for the characters for at least some of the cast so it’s not a total Nolan North whitewash.

Press X to awkwardly commit seppuku.

They were just up the road from where I lived in Bellevue, Washington. (Close to Microsoft campus).

The Mongol invasion of Tsushima actually happened…

My point is that the topic has close ties to Japanese right wing nationalism, and is frequently avoided. The fact that Westerners are generally tone deaf and ignorant of stuff like this explains how the game is being made.

(I actually like parts of the trailer, but overall I am anxious.)

I like the new thread title.

Release date announced as June 26th!

Very excited for this!!

Release date has been updated to July 17th, 2020.

Here’s one of those gameplay breakdown vids. Looks very good IMO. The Good/Evil gimmick of the Infamous games looks to be replaced with honorable (samurai)/dishonorable (ninja) this time. Playing with the black&white film grain filter is sort of tempting.

Nice video. Having only honorable (samurai) and dishonorable (ninja) seems kind of limited to me though. Even D&D has more than two alignments.

If Kublai Khan is emperor of China, how come it’s not the Chinese invasion of Japan?

What?

Kublai was a grandson of Genghis Khan. The Mongols first defeated the Jin and Kublai later completed the conquest on the Song in the south.