Giveaway thread!

Applying a sticky to a thread is no doubt a complex and confusing process.

Yeah, I was at a bar and replied to sik’s mention by email. If I had been at my computer and seen such a recent join date, I would’ve probably said no or at least told him to wait a little. Nothing personal. Steam codes don’t work in Newuserstan.

Your game, you decide. A lot of people prefer to give to long time users, but a lot of people just post their codes to get it over with.

Everyone does it differently. Hopefully @sik stays for the rest of the forum experience.

Don’t worry Lunarstorm, you don’t have to buy me a new one, for sure! Thank you anyway Moggraider.
Btw you should put a thread with the rules, there’s no need to keep them a secret.
Sorry for being rude mates.

Yeah, anyone who spends any decent amount of time here understands the unwritten understanding behind game giving.

But I’m new.
Ok undrestood, you’re just too kind.
Good bye.

Relax, you did nothing wrong.

That’s a little too harsh. It’s not exactly clear nor is it actually required by everyone. That why some put it in their post and others send a new person on a quest which was actually kind of fun when that happened.

Heh, the quest was all kinds of fun.

Also, it’s not really like there are rules here, as such, and we usually specify our own requirements when offering, so it’s easy enough to see someone getting confused.

I’m thinking common courtesy. Qt3 isn’t Reddit. We’re a small community obviously focused on more than giveaways. Just because a Google search turns us up for a source of free games, doesn’t mean that someone should pop in just to grab them. My 2 quatloos, anyway.

Something like a “hey guys, I just logged on and saw this thread. Would it be cool for me if I snagged one of these games?” would go a long way with me.

But you don’t know if that person has been lurking for some time now. The participate thing doesn’t always show up eve once am month and certainly doesn’t get discussed every time someone says they have games to give. Some people put effort and requirements to their lists, others just post keys… it’s all okay. There is no official rule, just an understanding… sort of which is why we had something like the quest in the first place which again came from a conversation because that person didn’t know either.

Thanks Moggraider for Project Cars :)

Free games are the best games! PM me, 1 per person , don’t be new on the forums.

Still up for grabs:

See newest post…

My turn to add to the giveaway. PM me, and post more than me ( which shouldn’t be hard)

Metal Gear Solid 5

Good lord we all have some shifty game stashes, LOL. Bundles just work us over. Like @lordkosc, did you REALLY ever want Shark Attack Death match 2??

It was the sequel to the award winning genre defining, Shark Attack Deathmatch 1. So how could I not want it? ;)

You’re right. There were just so many unanswered questions from the first one!

Really the worst part is, I got a copy from a bundle and registered it to my account, then I received another copy from a different bundle.

I am trying to pay it forward to anyone here on the forums, but people are probably hesitant to jump right into the 2nd game if they haven’t played the first. It’s the only conclusion I can come to as to why it hasn’t been asked for yet.