Giveaway thread!

Clay I think the gist of things is that people are willing to help relieve you of your clutter

Snap a few pics of the game collections and I’m sure you’ll have takers. @DaveLong is also someone who you should ask any specific questions on, as he is a retro game collector. So he can give you some advise I am sure.

Ubisoft are handing out AssOdd DLC for free until September 1, even if you don’t own the game. That’s in addition to the ongoing For Honor giveaway.

It’s been as low as 2 bucks before. I think everyone who has a computer who can handle that game has a copy. It’s a terrific and fantastic game that reviewed very well.

Definitely don’t throw the consoles away. Even if they are not functioning, they have value. Your “decrepit” is someone else’s treasure, especially since I’m going to guess your stuff is in good to excellent shape?

Gamecube and Dreamcast games especially have been increasing in value rather significantly. If you want to send me a PM to give you some idea what you can get for your stuff (and where), lmk.

One thing I should say is something I always say… never sell your stuff. If you have even the remotest inkling that at some point you’d like to play it again on original hardware, then keep it. Box it up really nicely and as airtight as possible and just hold onto it. It’s only going to appreciate in value so a time later in life where you have time and space will make it even more expensive to get back whatever you sold. I speak from experience on that.

That’s just a teaser. The entire DLC is three episodes so you’ll have to buy the entire DLC is you want everything in Atlantis.

Thanks, Dave. I agree that I’d like to keep them but also know that I’m extremely unlikely to use them again. I also have a weird house with almost zero storage and need to cull through some stuff. However, I’ll see about consolidating further.

I’ll eval everything sometime in the next week or two and let you know.

Sure thing. There are threads around the Internet with good options for game storage. I’m definitely at an impasse of sorts myself with that to be honest. Just be sure to check value before you go handing things out. Something you think isn’t worth your time might actually be worth your time! :)

Not gaming related but that is how you end up with 4 monitors and 3 partially assembled PowerWheels ride on toys in your basement because you might get back to the projects that initially needed them.

Applies only to videogames and other collectibles!

Are those CRTs? 😉

Have you ridden any of them recently? You should post some pics (with you on them).

Nope. Plain boring flat screens of no particular quality. The plan was to make a couple of magic mirrors out of them using cheap android sticks (knockoff AndroidTV). But moving halfway around the world put that on hold and the MIL suite meant they had to go.

No.I might be able to find the pics of the other one that I did ride in a couple of years ago but the ones in the basement had started their conversion to adult ridable silly go karts but again it got put on hold when I moved.

So I also have 6 storage totes of motors, ebike controllers, and hardware. I kept those.

I do promise to post pics if I get my current project working but I won’t say much about it until then. I have roughly a month!

Now I’m picturing some sort of adult sized Power Wheels APC complete with monitor screens and touch controls like something out of Aliens or Halo…

You can get Celeste and Inside for free from Epic Game Store

Excellent! And Celeste is priced just right for my level of skill in playing ultra hard platformers.

You can also get DiRT Rally for free from Humble Bundle

No one mentioned that TwoPointHospital was free over the weekend. D’oh!

EDIT: I now realize it was probably one of those ‘play for the weekend’ deals, not a free game. That makes way more sense.

I picked up the Humble RPG bundle but already own Deep Sky Derelicts. PM me if you’d like your own copy.

Gone

I too picked up the Humble RPG bundle but already own Hiveswap and Pillars of Eternity. If you want a Steam key for either, hit me up.

I have keys for Hive Swap Act 1 and Pillars of Eternity (Gone). PM if anyone interested.

Doesn’t it do the Donkey Kong Returns auto-pilot thing if you suck?