Giveaway thread!

Thanks for sharing that. One more for my backlog of LEGO games. ;)

Sid Meiers Civilization VI is free on Epic Game store:

The next two free games will be Borderlands The Handsome Collection and ARK Survival Evolved according to the leaks.

After you redeem the freebie you can then use your $10 Epic Store coupon to purchase the Platinum Edition Upgrade for a ridiculous $29.99 and you will receive the Rise & Fall and Gathering Storm expansions plus Vikings, Poland, Australia, Nubia, Perisa & Macedonia and Khmer & Indonesia Civilization & Scenario packs.

But I have a bunch of those on Steam.

I hate how DLCs and expansions are limited to the store you bought the game from!

Steam better lower their @#$@ing prices …thats all I have to say

Because Epic is spending money on each sale? They’re selling each game at a loss.

Nice. Thanks for telling me this :)

I know right, way to turn a Freebie into a $30 purchase. Sorry! :)

EGS needs to start offering Steam keys. Oh wait…

:)

I just want DLCs to be vendor agnostic, if possible so we don’t all have to tied down to Steam for all our gaming needs. I don’t need one near monopoly to rule my PC Gaming Hobby.

Just walk the DLC free path. We’re happy, and not missing much.
Plus extra coffee with the savings.

I don’t think I’m strong enough to do that. Those DLCs are just so… welcoming. They promise more of what I like, but slightly different. Like a fresh coat of paint on an old wall.

You know who could really be a useful vehicle for this? The devs. There’s no way Steam, GOG and Epic can assume that the devs are willing to grant you DLC on multiple platforms. But devs should allow you to email them a proof of purchase, at which point they can grant you keys to any PC platform of your choice. If enough people do this, a system could be put in place (like Movies Anywhere).

I think, though, that Devs go through online stores like Steam and such and give away 1/3 of their potential venues away to not have to deal with that sort of mindnubbing tedium.

uh, so ah, why just DLC? Why stop there? Why not all games?

He who controls the DLC…controls PC Gaming? (not)

Steam tossing out the freebies today:

Twitch Prime Freebies now include:

• The Last Tinker : City of Colors
  • Silence
  • Anna’s Quest

Interkosmos looks like fun. Thanks for the info.

Because where the base game is doesn’t matter. If I get the game on steam or on Epic or GoG doesn’t actually impact my game play all that much. The game exists on my machine.

The only thing that buying the game on steam vs another vendor impacts is where I can buy my DLCs. If I buy the game on GoG, then I am forced to purchase the DLCs on GoG.

But if DLCs are agnostic, and I get the best experience buying the game on GoG, then, when the DLC goes on sale on Steam, then I can still benefit.

Maybe the DLCs could be on some sort of storage medium, and we could just go to the store and buy it. Then you could install the DLCs from storage onto the game, wherever you bought it!

Of course, the DLCs would have to be bigger with their own marketing to justify the expense. Maybe they should be called “expansions”?