God of War (PS4)

I’ve been playing this more and i must say, it’s really good.

Some of you guys are going to get a kick it off the interaction between Kratos and his son, I think.

When it starts off, Kratos is easily the worst dad in the world. But the interesting thing is that their interactions actually evolve as you play.

Not just the bits in the cutscenes, but all aspects of their interactions with each other. Their banter back and forth while you are sailing around, even what they say during and after combat. It’s interesting, going beyond what was done in “the last of us”.

The kid himself evolves as you play, and does some interesting stuff. His skills improve and he starts don’t more in combat, but the way he acts changes. At one point he gets pissed off at kratos for something, and then his verbal responses get pissy for a while. He doesn’t follow as closely.

Also, he provides some assistance in finding stuff, although it is subtle… Hell periodically say, “huh, what’s that?” Or something along those lines, and stop briefly to look at something. It doesn’t force you to look at it, and he’s generally not in front of you. So when you hear it, you sometimes need to figure out where he’s gotten to, and then go walk over to him, look in the direction he’s facing… And there’s usually something there. I say usually because there’s been one case where i couldn’t tell what he was looking at.

It’s a good mechanic, and it sometimes kicks in after you’ve been in an area searching for a rune for a while, and you are starting to get frustrated.

Anyway, the kids is well done, and is probably one of the highlights of a game with a lot of highlights.