Gog 2016

How do they compare with, say, Warlords Battlecry II?

Lighter on the RPG elements, surely, and fewer races, but those races are very distinct. Both series are worth owning.

Q1 2016 results here: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/result-center/

The interesting bit to me? CDP wants to use GOG Galaxy as their online backend for all of their games going forward. Like Ubisoft’s Uplay, even Steam games will use it.

More EA games joined the DRM-Free revolution today:

[]
(https://www.gog.com/game/spore_collection)

I bought The Saboteur and Mirror’s Edge immediately. I was interested in buying The Saboteur for a good while, but it was only available from Origin - so I’m glad I waited. And I bought Mirror’s Edge on a Steam sale a long time ago for $5, and I adore the game, so I just had to get a DRM-free backup.

I would have bought Spore too, but since it needs a Origin account to have full functionality (even in the case of the GOG version), I guess I’ll just keep my Origin version.

Fuck Yeah!!!

I was thinking just the other day, “GOG has been disappointing me of late. All these indie games and no classic stuff.” Then today happens. Well played, GOG. Well. Played.

Oh wow, the original Crysis. I bet it still looks great.

Zombasite is now available at GOG! Currently 25% off bringing it down to $14.99.

DRM-free goodness here:

You can also download the Zombasite demo from GOG, though I think that has also been available on Soldak’s website too.

The Monstrous Fall Sale has started at GOG.com with more deals every day.

Well I bit on the Interplay BYOB. I’ve forever held off on buying the much ballyhooed Sacrifice at the traditional $3.99 sale price, but for a total of $6.70 I managed to snag:

Sacrifice
MDK
MDK 2
Kingpin: Life of Crime
SHOGO: Mobile Armor Division
Redneck Rampage Collection
Star Trek: 25th Anniversary
Star Trek: Judgment Rites
Star Trek: Starfleet Academy
Descent: Freespace Battle Pack

All that also netted me enough sale XP to claim a free copy of Expeditions: Conquistador to go along with my free copy of Little Big Adventure 2 from yesterday.

It looks amazing, and has native 21:9 support as well.

How does that work? I assume 21:9 means dual monitor, but if you’re playing a first person shooter on two monitors, doesn’t that mean the center reticle is right about where the split between the two monitors is? Isn’t that bothersome?

There are 21:9 monitors, as in only needing one monitor. It falls under the classification of “ultrawide” and is very much a thing.

Oh wow. I had no idea. I’ve never seen one of those. That’s fascinating.

I just got one a few months ago - they are beautiful, and really add a lot to RPGs and other open world games.

Make sure you check GOG Connect in the next few days since the service just added a bunch of new titles.

• Alien Shooter + Expansions
  • Broken Sword 2 Remastered
  • Broken Sword Director’s Cut
  • Eador: Genesis
  • Frozen Cortex
  • Frozen Synapse
  • HuniePop
  • Metro 2033 Redux
  • Moto Racer
  • Moto Racer 2
  • Moto Racer 3 Gold Edition
  • Risk of Rain
  • Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion Ultimate Edition
  • Starbound
  • Vangers
  • The Witcher Enhanced Edition
  • The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
  • The Witcher Adventure Game
  • Worms World Party Remastered
  • Zombie Shooter

Oddly Sins of a Solar Rebellion Ultimate Edition did not redeem for me. I seem to be missing only the Soundtrack on Steam so that is a bummer for me since I own the game and all content DLC.

Same thing happened here. I may try buying what’s missing on Steam just to see if I get it on GOG.

I actually just did that but it hasn’t shown up as available on GOG yet. Might be a lag time and the Connect service might be getting hammered too. I will report back if it ends up working for me.

Well, in that case, I guess I’ll wait and see for a bit. ;)

Yeah, I too have “No Eligible games found” even though I too own SoaSE:R. I also didn’t know the Moto Racer games were on Steam, apparently.