GOG 2019: Good Games Old and New

I guess I’d describe it as a stealth/puzzle game, where the puzzle is redefined by your actions.

I liked Echo quite a bit. It has pretty strong writing that’s reminiscent of Iain M. Banks, good art direction and some clever and novel mechanics.

Are the puzzles in Vaporum real time or can you pause when doing them too? In other words, do you have to do a lot of crazy jumping around to dodge stuff in RT for puzzles?

Nice Flash Deal on Pillars of Eternity 2 Obsidian (i.e. complete) Edition today - I finally broke down and snagged it.

Also, Stellaris is available on GOG Connect right now. Check it out if you want a DRM-free version of Stellaris.

WOW45

/seriously

Edit: um [Citation Required.] I’m not seeing it in Gog connect.

Yeah, no eligible games found when I checked just now. Of course it’s always possible I don’t own Stellaris on Steam. I probably should have checked that first.

Can confirm it worked for me earlier today. I own Stellaris on Steam, and it was the sole title available for me to add via GOG Connect when I checked there.

Hmm, odd. It doesn’t show up for me either. Maybe it launched earlier than planned? Would love to have a DRM free, client-free copy of the game.

They took it down due to overload.

Well that’s understandable - will it be back?

Actually, they took it down because the game showed on the Steam library for some people who didn’t actually have the game on Steam (because they played it during a previous free weekend) and thus unlocked it on GOG. Apparently they’ll make the game available again once they fine-tune the ownership detection propertly.

Pretty surprised to see GoG Connect active again at all - is this the first offering since, like, 2017? Or am I way off on that?

My last items from Connect were in June 2018 (Starpoint Gemini 2, Hotline Miami 2 and Prison Architect). Still a very long time, though.

My GOG activity page says I added a bunch of games via Connect on December 27, so it hasn’t been that long. The pace seems to have definitely slowed down, though.

Old Combat Mission games have appeared on GOG. I wonder what magic GOG did to fix the second and third ones, since, IIRC, they didn’t work at all in recent versions of Windows…

Also, Diablo now has the Hellfire expansion as requested.

Thanks! Based on that, I went ahead and picked it up.

Oh my oh my oh my! A dream come true! I finally played the first game last year and… oh my!

Huh. Not sure how to feel about that. I definitely didn’t like that expansion back in the day. But now I’m tempted by it.

I saw that expansion in the brick and mortar stores after it was released in 1997 but since it didn’t have Blizzard’s name on it, I didn’t buy it. Now I finally own it!

That’s interesting. I remember some extremely passive aggressive stuff from the publisher about old deals when just the first one was on GOG, so curious how they’ve smoothed it over to get the other two.