GOG 2020

I finished reading Dune like a week ago, so I guess I MUST play this.

It’s worth playing for a window in this amazing universe they’ve created. If you don’t want to look at the RPG books after playing this, you’re probably the same type of android who didn’t cry during the first ten minutes of Pixar’s Up.

If y’all are still curious about EoFS, I’ve been asked by many, many people to stream it, and will be doing so today at 4 PM Pacific, a little more than an hour from now. I even dug out its shitty, shitty manual for the occasion.

The smell of WH4K is strong with this one.

What resolutions are available Brian?

Hahahahahahahahahahaha resolutions plural hahahahaahahha you’ll play this full screen at 800x600 and LIKE IT.

yes I suspected; well that’s better than 640x480 at least

It seems The Outer Worlds is coming to GOG soon as well.

https://www.gog.com/game/the_outer_worlds

My monitor is 1920x1200. Unfortunately, my Windows 10 GPU drivers don’t support integer resolution scaling. Maybe some day in the future…

800 x 600 is definitely in the “pretty” zone, not in the “what am I even looking at” zone that Master of Magic and the original Master of Orion fall into.

I always thought that the Master Of Magic overland map graphics were eye searingly ugly - even for 1994.
But the art direction for the tactical maps and the unit details cards is actually really nice considering the limited resolution of the day.
(Random samples plucked from google images).

Im interested to hear your thoughts on the story presentation, if it still holds on with fresh eyes. I played it a ton back in the day and the voice over and music still give me chills. I have the sound track on my iphone, thats how much I love this property!

Hell yeah, EoFS is still one of my top gaming soundtracks ever.

Wow, either my TBI stripped me of my critical thinking and strategy powers, or EotFS is was tougher than i last played it! I cant even invade a primary planet of an enemy without getting swamped by aircraft, and having my fleet decimated in orbit after a few turns. Did this version get an AI boost, because ouch!

The ai is also harassing my planets when im not present, with bombardment. They changed something the enemy fleets hardly ever did that.

I cant even establish a beachhead on a smaller island on a primary planet without getting swarmed for all sides by the AI.

Is there a good resource guide for this still around, im running low on trace, and not sure what locations generate it. In fact a reference sheet for what resources are at what hex would be helpful.

Nah it’s vanilla, you really shouldn’t invade other planets until you get rid of the rebels on yours and build up more forces.

didn’t.

I conquered 4 planets completely had 20 Vlad Dreadnoughts, and 4 landers and a bunch of bulk carriers and the cities were not guarded by weak units, they were as updated as mine. They had tons of advanced units unlike 1.2 which basically had the houses have basic units. They were creaming me with tons and tons of advanced units. Going to restart, but is there a hex resource guide somewhere?

Not that I’m aware of, sadly. This is the closest I could find.

http://www.mogelpower.de/cheats/loesung.php?id=5669

Thanks, yes vanilla late game is tougher than i remember…i recall weak units and no maneuvering, now im seeing both vastly improved.

Well that’s good to hear.

Well, Huh. I built up a huge invasion fleet in my game 2, and prepared for another dirty brawl. I was still allied and landed un mass, and…all their units were basic. LOL. so, that adept NPC from last game must have been a bug? I took over their planet and staged to take over the throne planet. It was a cakewalk this time… I donnu. 40 hours of play, for $5, worth it!

On to Outer world expansion