GOG 2021

Also Thief 4 for $6.24!
(aka THI4F)

For only 6 bucks, I may have to give it another try. I mean, I bought it on Steam way back in 2014, but didn’t give it much of a chance, since it broke too much of what I loved about the original Thief games. But I’m willing to try it again on its own terms, and try to put the original games out of my mind.

Grabbed the bundle. My original experiences with those games back in the day were pretty frustrating. I was unaware of any fixes though, so I’m willing to take another chance on them.

Oh, and I see that Civvie 11 did a video on the first Witchaven.

Warcraft-inspired 2018 RTS game Loria has become part of the “free games” catalogue on GOG, also became free on other platforms (Steam).

Thanks for the tip! “Purchased.”

I think it’s weird that since the Witchavens were released on GOG, the Witchaven Bundle has been on their top 10 sales chart, only today dropping down to 9th place.

Were that many people (like myself) really foaming at the mouth to buy these legendarily bad games? Or is it maybe that they include the fan patches?

I mean, I could see Doom or even Heretic making the top 10, but not the Witchavens. And the ‘launch’ discount isn’t even very significant.

Free game giveaway going on for the next 47-ish hours, so if anyone has even a passing interest in Hellpoint then now is your chance to nab a free copy from GOG.

As far as I can tell we have some new releases today with Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity, Mothergunship, Space Empires Complete Pack (includes I, II, III, IV Deluxe, and V), and Shadow Empire joining the GOG catalogue.

X4 is on sale with two expansion packs for $52. Is that a good game now? @BrianRubin?

Yes it is.

I liked X-tensions. But when I got X2, the interface was too complicated for a joystick user. I had to use the joystick and keyboard, and mouse, and it was too much. Is X4 like that, or can I just play with a joystick primarily or controller primarily?

Since X3:TC, I’ve only played with K&M, so I can’t really answer that question. Sorry. :(

Ah darn. :( I can’t stand playing space sims with mouse and keyboard. Freelancer taught me that. (I still finished it, but I didn’t enjoy the experience moment to moment, like I do with joysticks or controllers).

If it counts, I generally hate playing space games with M&K. X3:TC/AB, X:Rebirth, and X4 are the exceptions to that rule.

Hmmm, Shadow Empire on sale for $25.99. I wonder if it’s worth buying (at that price)?

I mean it’s still a bit buggy but it’s very good, yes.

I bought it. I’ve been waiting for it to show on GOG since its release.

Yeah, I want it but it’s one of those games where I fear the learning curve.

GOG rolling on with the free game giveaways, this time you can get Absolute Drift for free for the next 46 hours. This coincides with some new racing genre games coming to GOG as well, including Absolute Drift. New to the GOG catalogue are Urban Trial Freestyle, Urban Style Playground, Mashed, Grip, and Street Racer.

Four games have joined the GOG catalogue today, with one new release and three classic releases. It’s a great day if you’re a Links fan, with Links: The Challenge of Golf, Links 386 Pro, and Links LS: 1998 Edition now on GOG.

I am wondering how they will handle the extra courses — I have a couple of CDs I can’t use anymore thanks to the lack of drive, those would work, but I wonder if the digital version sold at the Links Pro Shop for Links 2k3 will work with it. I guess I’m gonna take the plunge and report.
It’s hilarious what nostalgia can do though: Links LS 2003 looks obviously better, but those textured dialogue boxes of 98 just evoke golf better to me!