GOG 2024

I really don’t think they’ll update the game. There are quite a few cases on GOG where that happened - the GOG version was essentially abandoned, and I fully expect to see the same happen here, but I could be wrong.

I use Steam as well of course, and it works fine for me, but I can’t help but be a little unsettled as I feel like we’re all blithely being herded into a single platform for PC gaming.

“Being herded” is incorrect terminology, as it’s happening primarily voluntarily, but stuff like this selective de-listing doesn’t help that feeling.

As part of the Love At First Pixel Sale, FlatOut is on giveaway for the next couple of days. The sale itself continues until Feb. 22, 2024.

Also, the Tomb Raider 1, 2, and 3 Remasters have been released. These are the originals, not the more recent survival games.

A rather surprising release, but GOG God of War is now available on GOG.

…what?

Long version:
https://www.gog.com/blog/more-ways-to-play-your-gog-games-were-teaming-up-with-luna-cloud-streaming-service/

Short version: If you link your Luna and GOG accounts, any purchase on one platform can be played on both (if available) and will be added to both accounts (if applicable) without extra cost.

So, if you have CP2077 on your GOG account, you can play the game on Luna. If you decide to buy The Witcher 3, it’ll be added to both accounts, meaning you can either get the entire shebang via GOG/Galaxy on your PC, or play it via the Luna app or hardware.

It’s similar to the old GOG Connect thing they had a couple of light years ago.

The reaction on the GOG forums were pretty much the same you’d get from a bunch of house cats after buying a different brand of cat food: Hissing and panic (and raging against a system that they don’t understand, but are wholly dependent on).

Can’t say I have much love for Amazon, but their cloud services work and the idea isn’t half bad, and if you don’t want to use Luna, nothing changes for you at all. So, I refer to the vaunted battle cry of my generation: “Pfff, yeah, whatever.”

(You might notice I’ve been getting terribly fed up with this whole consumption/enshittification thing most industrial conglomerates have going on, but similar to above mentioned house cats, I’m fully dependent on a system that I hate. Hiss against the machine and stuff…)

Ah, so like the connect thing they’ll kill it after a while. Can’t get excited about it.

Like Galaxy, just another ‘feature’ I’ll likely ignore.

Until they make it a requirement or something. Hiss-Hiss.

Unlike Connect, this doesn’t depend on gog to keep working. Amazon has been distributing gog keys as part of Prime for a while now, so they may see cooperation with gog as a relatively easy way to build up their game side without trying to do everything from scratch. I guess I wouldn’t be too surprised if Amazon purchased gog sometime soon.

I was just dropping in to let y’all know about Alpha Protocol and too late!

It had its downsides but it was a solidly entertaining game. Have no idea how it’d hold up today, but it deserves another round. I can imagine there’s a huge audience for it that never had the chance to play back when.

Alpha Protocol was quirky to say the least, but also lovable.

It had gotten de-listed years ago due to that one song (Autograph’s “Turn Up The Radio”) having its license expire. I’m so damn happy that they went the extra mile and got that song re-licensed, so that the entire original soundtrack is intact.

Does GOG still “take requests” as it were? I was just thinking how much of a shame it was that NFS Most Wanted 2005 isn’t available for online purchase/download. I know it’s up to EA ultimately so it’s probably not going to happen, but still.

You can add your vote to it’s wishlist here:
Just click the thing left of the game’s title there.

I was browsing GoG and looked at Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.
GoG uses stats from howlongtobeat.com and puts it at 8 hours, 10 for completionists.

It has been a hot minute but from what I remember the three different paths for the middle part of the game had completely separate puzzles, even if locations and narrative overlapped. So much so that I’d say it was and is definitely worth playing all three.

Am I misremembering and the path differences are much more minor and shorter?

I think that’s how long I worked on the first puzzle in the library before finally giving up.

Anyone know if this update supports wide screen? I tried to get it working on the steam version and it broke on the mini-games with widescreen no matter the fix i tried

I don’t really know because I haven’t bought it yet. You can try asking at the GOG forums… oh, and I think @BrianRubin bought it, so maybe he will know.

I’m only on 1440p, but it worked fine natively.