Grimoire - It has Begun

It has been. It can be again. It will be in the future. Praise Cleve.

Decided to check in on Grimoire after these many months. It’s mostly the same old, manual still not out, new patch finally released that introduces bugs, etc. but there was this one absolute gem I had to share from the bug report thread.

grim_tech_support

HD displays haven’t reached Australia yet.

it’s weird because 1080 > 1024…

Horizontal would be 1920 though, so I’m totally not understanding Cleve’s response.

I thought that was what made it so funny. Even if you don’t understand 1080p = 1920x1080, 1080 is still bigger than 1024…

True. It’s amusing also to see that Cleve just assumes this gamer is running at less than 1024 x 768.
I mean, does anyone run at that res these days…possibly besides Cleve?

Maybe the irony was intentional. (I doubt it.)

With Cleve, I don’t ever rule anything out.

I trolled him once by telling him to stop development and focus 100% on adding widescreen support. His fans were not happy. :D

As it stands, I think his game is 60% interesting and 40% train wreck.

Well a 6/10 is actually not bad, all things considered. :)

Yea verily, as the Grand Poobah Meatloaf once said, three out of five ain’t bad.

And once again, your taste in music rears its head, along with a lyrical misquote. [sigh]

“Interesting” all by itself is not enough to carry a game. It also needs to be “fun”, which doesn’t seem to be the case judging by all the bugs. (I like games that are “thoughtful” and “touching”, too. Can’t say if they apply here.)

I’ll likely never know, as I am unlikely to be purchasing the game, however it has been fun reading everyone’s reactions to it.

Hey, Bat Out of Hell was a great album, dude.

I love that he’s always wearing suspenders. :p

[Thinks waaay back…]
I suppose I thought so too, back in the day. After all, I have the original vinyl plus the original CD release. Along with the sequel album. But I haven’t been tempted to play it in decades now. Does it still hold up?

Bat Out of Hell is the #2 all-time best selling album in Australia. Maybe Cleve is listening to it right now?

They’ve made it to the surface of Australia, but not to the bottom of the mineshaft where Cleve is holed up.