Grognard Wargamer Thread!

Yes! They are pretty good. See my post in the Best Boardgame of 2017 thread.

PS They are all from White Dog Games.

Btw, do you mean this because their games have identical physical component production? That is just because they both use the same print-on-demand provider: Blue Panther. They are are completely separate companies.

Ah! That is where I got the idea from. Thanks for clearing that up. All these many-hued animals…

Is anyone in on this?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/567823005/thunder-in-the-east/description

I still need to play No Retreat. This one looks pretty neat but also looks like a step up in complexity. Don’t know why that would bother me, I am a guy that loves High Frontier and Here I Stand. But, No Retreat’s low counter density and pretty great looking map won me over.

Tom Mc

I am- i’m hoping to run a little stream about it on vassal later this week as an overview of it to be uploaded to youtube as a video.

Paradis is making something of a sequel to No Retreat about the same topic(Absolute War), but it’s still not made p500.

I’m still waiting on the Designer Signature Edition of The Russian Campaign to hit 500.

I am for sure getting it. I asked Alan Emrich and he said it should be available for sale two or three months after the kickstarter copies get sent out for those who dont do the KS thing.

It looks great!

I’m usually a sucker for Eastern Front games but sadly my board gaming days are over. I do have WitE and DC: Barbarossa for the computer, and WitE2 is coming so I passed.

Me too. A proper detailed Eastern Front game requires a lot of rules overhead. Logistics, production and attrition are handled seamlessly on the computer. I’m spoiled.

Is there a good link to get more information on WitE2? A quick google search just revealed a 2-years old post by one of the devs that seems to indicate it starting in 1943 (like WitW), which would seem to miss a lot of the interesting stuff.

There’s some info on the matrix forum by some devs. Not much, but they are changing the supply model and making roads in dense terrain (mountains and forest) be hard to traverse for motorized units to better channel the German advance through historical paths.

It will be a ways off. My understanding is right now Grigsby is working on his latest Steel Panther type game. I think there might be one more title in the WITE/WITW series covering Africa and I think the early Western front before he updates WITE. At least that was their plan years ago.

I’ll play a new Steel Panthers.

I don’t have any insider info even though I was an alpha and beta tester for WitE. Sorry. But I’d be shocked if it doesn’t start with Barbarossa.

I love that Matrix still lists Combined Arms: World War II as in development. I think it is old enough to be in High School at this point.

It’s probably a 2019 title, but the forum thread makes it very clear the game is already at alpha (mainly missing QoL features and automation of the air game).

Wasn’t that originally called Battlegrounds or something like that? It has been in development at least twice as long as it took to fight the whole war! :P

Yeah, they really don’t talk about it in the dev forum for WITW either. I guess Pavel could be focusing on it.