Grognard Wargamer Thread!

It sounded like The Flare Path guy didn’t care for it, so I was curious if either one of you had given it a try. I’m close to pulling the trigger on the game, but I’m still passing my willpower check.

I’ve seen nothing to move me past my Willpower check of 6 weeks ago:

The Wargamer’s advertisement review notwithstanding I am still in the (Fulda Gap + No Multiplayer or Modding + Same ole Tactical Scale) = (Work on My Boardgame and Play Vassal Some More).

It’s also not on Steam. Which is telling.

Thanks, Miquel.

That’s standard for Matrix, Steam releases come a few months later.

Yep. Slitherine has to vouch/approve first.

For me it means no 2 hour refund.

Well, I got a review copy, so I’ll check it out.

Havent tried it yet. Not sure I would want less control tbh but I will give it a whirl at some point.

Whats this?? Game you are playing or designing???

curious

Also re: the Fulda gap fatigue. I hear ya, it is a little more general for cold war then that but I dont blame you.
I have certain conflict fatigue as well (Bulge for me). The engine seems perfect for WW2 btw so it wouldnt surprise me to see that show up at some point if thats more your thing.

Rod I am certain we ave discussed this previously. :)

We are Pre-P500, but I am working on the next game in GMT’s Vietnam Operational System (there is only one, Silver Bayonet: The First Team in Vietnam, 1965 (25th Anniversary Edition) ). Silver Bayonet’s “successor” if you will.

Tentative titled - Tropic Lightning: Operation Attleboro in War Zone C, 1966

This is why you like all my Vietnam 1966 tweets all the time. I know we’ve discussed this! :)

Oh, I am with you on the Bulge. I did invent the term, “The Bulge Effect”.

If this thing was Angola, I’d have bought it already (Jenkins’ Ear).

Yes we did! My apologies. I knew there was a reason I was liking all your Vietnam posts on twitter :)

Everyone should read these posts for pure comic effect.

Imma cry now.

(I’m teasing, Rod.)

I wonder how mod friendly it is. Apparently people can add new master maps. If you can also mod in other nations something like Angola could be possible.

Royalties plzkthx.

Hmm I might try a couple of Soviet style forces against each other and see if I can get an Angola feel.

http://www.chicagonow.com/bronzeville-urban-green/files/2014/04/Pot-of-Gold_full.gif

@Navaronegun: Clovercoin? Luckybits?

Does Armored Brigade try to emulate the Soviet tactics of the time (ala TacOps), or… what?

Pretty Badass. It’s focus is '69-'70, but the background info on 1966, and the overview of “permanently” attached support units really helped fill some modelling gaps for my upcoming Attleboro title.

THE 11TH ARMORED CAVALRY REGIMENT IN VIETNAM

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a418439.pdf

Now this is interesting http://slitherine.com/products/product.asp?gid=789

Field of Glory grand strategic game where, oddly, you can export your battles into FoG2 to play - err, why not integrate that into the game?

But this looks more promising - “largest asynchronous multiplayer system ever created”

This looks great! Reminds me of this

Also some advice to Matrix. Dont bother with those cgi trailers. Wrong crowd. Use the money elsewhere.

Now that’s interesting @SamS - this kind of sounds like Alea Jacta Est with the looks of Europa Universalis Rome.

I don’t find strange that the battles aren’t directly playable - I actually I think it is a great idea. Either game caters to a different type of public (with a non empty intersection, mind you), and I think that having two horses on the races side by side rather than having one horse ride the other as DLC saddling development, scope and marketing sounds like a common sense approach to me.

Perhaps I am reading too much in the tea leaves but my guess is that the strategic/operational game uses a combat algorithm similar to those of AGEOD’s old engine, but they’re rendering it in 3D for you to inspect. Great stuff.

Aha! AGEOD were reportedly working on a new game in the Slitherine engine (finally leaving the old AGE engine behind), I wonder if this is it?