Grognard Wargamer Thread!

Thanks!

Thanks, Grim.Reaper, that worked for me!

Well at least the UI isnt bright white on top of dark blue any more :)

I’ve been unable to log in to my Osprey account for the third week of books–for a couple days now. :/

I enjoyed the Sasanian cavalry one (though I wished that they talked more about the report that women were fighting in their armies than just a one sentence by-the-way!). But I wish they were a bit more critical–well, critical at all, really. They kind of read like extended wikipedia articles.

Likewise, I’m still unable to log in to my Osprey account for the week 3 downloads. And I see week 4 downloads are available now.

I finally got this to work (for week 3 downloads). I tried a variety of cache-clearing, incognito windows, and even a new account, but eventually it went through.

Looking through the week 4 freebies, and there’s one on a “charismatic” unit of the Luftwaffe and another with a “unique perspective” on the atomic bombs vs invasion “event”; given the two I’ve read so far I’m not confident in their ability to be, you know, critical, but hey! They’re free, so why not.

No worries, what Implayed of UAIS (some solo turns) was great, and this one feels more playable (except for the table space) with less counter density and a naval element.

BTW, a 1985: UAIS reprint is likely: https://trlgames.com/2020/04/13/1985-under-an-iron-sky-third-echelon/

Finally, pretty happy today:

Congratulations!

Bad ass! Legion is my favorite wargame publisher. Congrats, and looking forward to seeing it print. And then trying to find time to actually play it…

Thanks!

Congarats!

Very nice!

Thanks all. Hopefully we’ll have a “How to Play” YouTube liveplay Vassal series beginning in the next week or so. The “damn near final art” version of the module is already done (Good Vassal, invested in early and throughout development can pay off mightily later).

Grats! Also preordered! FYI it seems to require making a seperate pre order account rather than ones normal Legion one. Not sure why, maybe thats normal but fyi anyways. Anyways looking forward to it!

Thanks!

Yeah the Legion Pre-order account is like, IDK, different. It threw me off the first time I had to pre-order something from them rather than just buy it.

I love his nose in that.

Preordered!!!

Thanks!