Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 - Dance battle returns?

In this post, I will argue that Peter Quill’s mother would have died before the existence of SPACEHOG and therefore its inclusion in the trailer…

No, kidding. Looks great, sounds great, can’t wait to see Rocket’s mysterious origins and all the other loose ends get tied up.

Oh hey, I played that Telltale Guardians game a few years back, I think I remember Rocket’s mysterious origin! Assuming they acknowledge that, or if it was ever canon to comic book Rocket and all that crap. Anyway cool, been waiting for this one, the only corner of the Marvel universe I really care about anymore.

LADY LLYLA!

They’ve been to Earth in post-Guardians 2 MCU content, so Starlord was able to get some new cassettes?

Anyway, I’ve got a good feeling about this.

Oh yeah, “In The Meantime” predated the Zune, which honestly looked pretty cool at the end of GotG2.

Spoiler: Drax and Mantiss went to Earth as recently as the Holiday Special.

Kind of sad we’re not getting the video game version of Mantis.

Bautista knows what he has to do to reach that next level. It starts with saying farewell to Drax, the role that gave him a career, after nine years, six movies, and a holiday special. “I’m so grateful for Drax. I love him,” he says. “But there’s a relief [that it’s over]. It wasn’t all pleasant. It was hard playing that role. The makeup process was beating me down. And I just don’t know if I want Drax to be my legacy—it’s a silly performance, and I want to do more dramatic stuff.”

Fundamentally, Bautista is playing the same character – a lunkhead – in GotG, Dune and Glass Onion. But the latter (and BR 2049) convinced me that he has the capacity for deeper acting if called on… I would like to see him get some more dramatic roles.

Not sure how much weight it holds any more, but M. Night Shyamalan was really impressed with Bautista’s professionalism and acting ability for his upcoming Knock at the Cabin.

Question about that trailer: very brief appearance by a golden looking guy–Adam Warlock?

Yes.5

This is a kicker for me. It’s been a loooooong time since I wasn’t disappointed with a Shyamalan movie (excepting Glass). I’ve skipped quite a few lately.

But Bautista said it’s his largest speaking role yet, and is more dramatic. So I kinda wanna see it.

What, nobody saw Bushwick?

Still, I hope he’s proud of what he did with Drax. He could have easily been a really uninteresting character. But Bautista brought so much charm to him. I don’t know that a lot of other actors could have done it as well.

Dwayne Johnson has an amazing screen presence, I have no idea how that works.

But Bautista is a better actor.

At the end of the day, Johnson can only really play one and a half characters. He’s either a comedic muscle-bound goof or a slightly-brooding muscle-bound goof. He’s got charisma to spare and I (mostly) enjoy him in those movies… but it’s difficult to imagine him in any role that doesn’t have him driving a vehicle out of an explosion.

I forgot where, but around BR2049, I read that Bautista takes acting really seriously and had to constantly overcome being typecasted as a hulking gorilla, and he treasures roles like BR2049 where he actually goes beyond being a big lunkhead. So chatter about him for Knock At The Cabin fits from my POV.

Yeah I actually read a quote about that this morning. He turned down anything that seemed “in type.”

Interesting. I don’t follow WWE that much and always assumed that Bautista joined the movie industry through the same channel as Johnson, Cena, and Austin did.

Bautista always gives me ‘gentle big bear’ vibes which combined with his willingness to learn/improve and lack of oversized ego probably make him a positive influence on any given movie set. I also give him props for being the most vocal among the Guardians actors after Gunn got fired. Basically stating that he won’t do Guardians 3 without Gunn and thus threatening to not follow through on his contractual obligations to a big studio (which also was in the process of gobbling up 21st Fox at that point) takes some conviction.