Hades (SuperGiant Games)

I’m not sure how things stack, but with all the crits + attack bonuses etc I was critting for 1k+ on some dash attacks. Not shown: maxed out aspect of nemesis, Hunter’s mark for even more crits, Athena attack for some survivability and another +50% attack chaos boon. Fun run.

Wow, dude, 31 clears! That’s a huge improvement on your previous best time, too.

Yeah, usually I play it pretty slow and cautious (hence all my best weapons are the ranged kiting ones + the shield) but this run I pretty much just dashed back and forth through the bosses and they melted thanks to crits.

I was having a great run, and fighting the final boss, when the game froze on me. I had no choice but to end the task and relaunch, and rather than put me just before the fight like other games like this do, I found myself starting a new run, all that I had accomplish (including getting a new trinket from gifting an item to a godess) was undone, and I couldn’t be more angry about that, so I uninstalled and will revisit again down the road.

That sucks. I’ve never gotten to the final boss and if I had and lost it that way I wouldn’t be happy. I think the game hung once when I exited, but never during a run. Hopefully I stay lucky.

I’ve only got to the Elysium boss and lost a couple times.

Man, after 22 attempt I finally made it to what I assume is the final battle before escape and I lost. I think I had the enemy’s hp down to about 25%. I always feel like my damage is low because chipping away at health in the boss fights seems to take awhile, especially the Elysium and final boss. But, I’m close. I haven’t tried God mode yet but I’m glad it’s there in case I can’t crack this final nut. This game is well done.

He has two health bars :P

This is The Way.

He still won’t escape even if he had won.

IS THERE NO ESCAPE?

I assume there will be once the final game releases.

And I recommend god mod for everyone. With every failed run, it slightly increases your damage resistance.

dead2

Got to the final battle again making use of the blessing that heals 2 per time I attack the enemy at the cost of -60% max health. It was awesome up until the last battle. I just couldn’t hit the enemy enough t negate the damage I was taking. It was super good up until that point (with the sword).

Man, that is perfect.

Don’t read if you haven’t won yet.

Urggg! I thought I finally escaped. Beat Hades. I wasn’t thinking he’d get up again since it took so much to bring him down the first time. I didn’t have much health left when I beat him, and I almost got him again - maybe 20% of his health left.

I had a great combo of boons - my shield throw also causes lightning, an extra lightning anytime one is triggered, and another lightning based one. My aspect for the shield causes it to go out and spin and keep causing damage. I couldn’t even beat the bastard with such a good boon setup. It devastated most other rooms.

Sometimes what’s good for normal rooms with lots of enemies is no good against a single boss.

What was nice though was that I could damage him, the summoned enemies and focus on keeping away. I also had the call of Artimis for the multi arrow show and a couple things that speed the filling of the god favor meter. It was the farthest I ever got, just wish I could have pulled it off. I’m up to 30 attempts now.

Phew finally got a win but it took me 30+ tries. It’s a testament to how good the game is that I kept trying until I got it. I used the shield with the aspect of zeus.

Should have paced myself better, but I’ve pretty much exhausted the content that came along with the new update. There are still some Aspects I can max out, but since I don’t like using them and getting Titan Blood is a bit of a grind, it’s probably not going to happen soon. Hoping we don’t have to wait another 3-4 months for 1.0.

Stolen from Reddit: