Hades (SuperGiant Games)

1.0 version is here:

I will probably pick this up on Switch. I’m torn between this or Streets of Rogue.

Goddamnit. Had no plans to go to bed super-late today, but there’s no way I’m not gonna heck out the 1.0 stuff right away today.

Holy shit, that’s a hell of a changelog. A new aspect to my favorite weapon, hmm. Gotta farm that titan blood to unlock it…

Ooh nice, I’ve dabbled in this a bit in EA, but have been waiting for 1.0 to really dive in.n

I’m seriously considering double-dipping and getting this also on the Switch. I was really lukewarm on Hades at the start of early access, but they’ve been making so much progress and with such smart changes. Can’t remember even a single decision they made that was bad.

I’d love to hear how it performs and controls on the Switch from anyone who takes the plunge.

I cannot imagine subjecting my (girlfriend’s) Switch controllers to the abuse my 360 controller has taken while playing this. Joycon drift is about to go through the roof, mark my words.

I have not played the PC version so I don’t know how it compares. But it feels ok to me. Plays pretty similarly to console Diablo. The range and AOE cursors have been a little sensitive and I have had some trouble targeting with them. But it does a decent job of auto targeting enemies. I haven’t checked yet if there are ways to adjust that sensitivity.

Never heard of this game until it popped up in the Switch thread. I love it, so good! Switch controls are great so far. Very responsive.

If you get the chance to “borrow” money from Charon…I suggest you don’t.

I can finally play this, took them long enough ffs

I took the plunge, since it finally came out of early access, reviews were hot, I saw someone say performance was great on Switch, and it was 20% off on the eShop. :)

It controls really nicely! Very smooth. I will sometimes target in the opposite direction but I blame myself. I haven’t experimented with disabling the auto aim as I feel I need it. I suck.

The game itself is superb. After I died the first few times and saw the drip feed of unlocks kept mounting, I kinda felt a bit hooked, dare I say… more so than any of these types of games so far (like Dead Cells, Morta, Issac).

Performance has been great, apart from one recent point I hit - I did an Infernal Trove challenge room, where you ‘survive x seconds’, and the frame rate absolutely tanked during that. Awful. Unsure if bugged, or if I can expect that every time… I hope not. :P

I like the default difficulty on this, a lot of these roguelites seem to lean towards being punishing at the beginning so there’s more room to grow with improvements I guess, but I’ve been able to get through the first boss relatively easily once I got a couple of upgrades, although it’s by no means an easy game.

I guess a bunch of reviews had summaries like “You will die. A lot”, which made me nervous about the progress curve. But compared to like, Dead Cells, there’s a much better sense of constant progress.

I’m sure broken builds abound, and vary for each person, but Shield + Dionysus/poison seems to be a pretty good easy mode early on.

She has gotten the better of me a fair few number of times so far!

But it is not discouraging yet. I will defeat her… :)

And yeah this is prob why, I have yet to put any thought into builds.

Managed to complete the main story portion of the game. Beat Hades several times–enough to talk to Persephone so often that she agrees to return to the Underworld–and got to see the credits sequence that comes along with a kick-ass song.

Since it’s a rogue-like, it doesn’t really end, but Supergiant Games integrates it into the story why Zag would keep on fighting his way out of the Underword. I got two more Keepsakes - one I find useful, the other one that grants temporary invisibility not so much. The final Aspect of the Twin Fists doesn’t really come into effect until the Temple of Styx, boss battles aside. The Main attack does quite a bit of damage, but takes a lot longer to trigger than Curse of Pain/Agony so that one is usually more efficient when using the standard Attack or Special.

Bought on Steam but I’m thinking of returning and buying for switch. Seems like it would be a great portable game.

I played a fair bit now, getting to the end of the second area. As awesome as the game is, I have to say the Switch performance stinks.

It’s not so bad early on, but in the second area it is regularly dropping frames all over the shop. Maybe it’s better handheld? I don’t know. But docked it gets pretty bad.

In other news: