Halo coming to Paramount+

Looks like Sarah Ryder from Andromeda :)

I think she looks a lot like Diana Muldaur from Star Trek (the original one, not Dr Pulaski from TNG):

In the future, they have technology to make holograms in RGB, instead of single color. Ohh! /s :P

In any case, I’m sure they will show some special effect of the model being generated on screen, like a point cloud forming or the wireframe showing or whatever, to signify to the audience she is a hologram/AI.

The irony is Cortana is Jen Taylor! But, yeah, the look they went for is totally weird.

Prediction:. you won’t hear the iconic Halo theme until the last scene of the last episode, when they finally get to Halo and it ends on a cliffhanger.

It is a Halo show with Master Chief, Spartans, Warthogs, Pelican dropships, etc…
…Cortana could be played by Gilbert Gottfried and I’m still going to watch it!

I noticed we hadn’t really discussed the Silver timeline yet in this thread, so given that some people may not be aware, the Paramount show will exist in its own separate timeline, kind of like the Kelvin timeline of the recent Star Trek movies.

So you are saying Benedict Cumberbatch is in this?

Shhh.

Back to Cortana. I’ve let it simmer for a couple of days because my initial reaction her appearance in the trailer was “Yuck.” I wanted to give it time because my reaction was so visceral, I had to stop myself. Was I being unfair? Just stuck on what’s different because she didn’t look like this:

Nah.

It’s because TV show Cortana swan dives right into the uncanny valley.

Cortana is a digital being, so uncanny valley doesn’t seem so strange.

It is if the hypothetical goal is to create an AI assistant that doesn’t yuck people out.

Who?

-Tom

Wait, she is CG? LOL I didn’t notice. I thought she looked slightly weird but thought it was the makeup or whatever.

Yup. This is Jen Taylor, who does the voice in the game and TV show.

Okay this made me LOL!

Always weirds me out a little when this happens before anyone has seen the first season, but hey - congrats to the Halo team for getting a second season greenlit!

Just acknowledging I was wrong about this. Really weird though, for all the same reasons I thought there was no way this would see a season 2 even if it turned out great.