Halo Infinite - What is it?

It’s kind of weird that there’s a “Steam” SKU at all. If I have Game Pass Ultimate, but Microsoft offers the game on Steam too, and I know that the MS PC app reeks of ass, then I probably would like to have the Steam version be my PC option while the Series X is my console option and the save should be portable.

So I’m the only person playing now? Hurrah :)

It’s… Halo.

It is the middle of the workday in America.

Don’t use Quick Resume.

Also… the ResetEra thread is usually helpful. (I’m basically posting it because the subtitle is “Craigslist”. lol!)

That’s the best part!

Ya… and in that regard, cross save stuff works super well, on every game.

…that supports it. A bunch of games don’t (especially of the indie variety)

Ask Titanfall how well that went, being the first one to herald that particular uh accomplishment.

I’ve never seen a game that didn’t support it… It seems intrinsic to the cloud gaming.

All of the little tiny Indy games I’ve played all supported it seamlessly. It seems like any saved game on the cloud just automatically loads on the Xbox.

I’ve run into a few that don’t support cloud save on PC game pass or in one case it did but no cross save I guess. Feel like my Call of the Sea save didn’t move over. Streets of Rage 4 supposedly supports it but I beat that game on PC Game Pass and on my Xbox it thinks I’ve never played it and everything I unlocked is locked.

Well, I’ve never owned an Xbox before this generation and never really played a Halo game because I… can’t figure out the demographic of who it’s for, but with Game Pass I guess it’s Dad’s First Halo game soon!

Lots of fun in this first area. The AI commenting on the little FOB takeovers etc makes them a bit less generic. I love freeing marines and having them tag along too.

Why is there a 3-2-1 countdown to starting to load when you continue your game…?

Yeah, it’s possible that something didn’t play well between the PC and the Xbox, it needs special support.

What I’m talking about is cloud gaming and the Xbox. It seems like the Xbox itself just automatically shares saves between the cloud and the console.

Regarding the game itself, this seems extremely well done, at least based on the early game.

I’m playing in heroic difficulty, and it’s very well balanced for my play, given I haven’t played a Halo game in ages. Enemies are suitably smart and aggressive, without feeling cheap.

I played through the first mission, and am now in the second area.

Gosh, this feels so good. The sounds effects, the music, the feedback on the controller, just everything feels just right.

And on Heroic, it’s been fairly easy so far, except for those jetpack guys, they kick my ass. That’s a good sign. :)

By the way, I got home and launched the game and everything was already installed I guess, because I didn’t have to download anything.

I’m playing Normal, and the enemies are doing just fine :/

I’ve never heard of this Halo franchise before. How dare they release on the same day as a major v29 TD Bloons 6 patch!

I think on Heroic they give you a bit of a chance.

Oh hang on - they’re not the heroic ones. Must be a bug :)

Heh, yeah, the same happened to me.