Halo Infinite - What is it?

Yeah, the map is decidedly not vehicle-friendly. Even the roads are very windy.

In multiplay, it’s almost impossible to drive a Hog at reckless speed and not flip it or slam into a rock.

I have to say, the multiplayer has grown on me and I’m digging it a lot now.

I’ve only played bot matches vs the AI, and am surprised at how old skool this game feels. With both Battlefield and Call of Duty having various issues, it seems like the old saying about luck being the residue of design, it’s Halo’s chance to shine.

I’ve only played the multiplayer and it feels oldschool in the wrong way to me. Very claustrophobic even in the outdoor areas. Bunny hopping everywhere is just yuck. I recall enjoying Guardians MP pretty well but this feels (from what I remember) like a step back. I’ll still keep playing I think in hopes it eventually grabs me. But to this point it mostly reminds me why I played PC based shooters and not console ones (even though both CoD and BF both are enjoyable on console for me now).

I loooove multiplay, but 343 has a few problems they need to address.

Big Team Battle matchmaking is BROKEN. I can get in a match about 1 out of 10 attempts.

They have said that a crackdown on cheaters is going to happen, but it hasn’t yet. Frankly, they need to segregate PC players away from console players. You simply cannot trust PC as a multiplayer platform.

People are quitting out of ranked matches left and right, and it leaves you holding the bag. 2v4 or even 1v4 is NOT FUN.

The core gameplay, though, is a blast. I watch matches of this dude and learn a lot.

I abandoned ground vehicles pretty much the moment banshees and that UNSC flying thing showed up in the campaign. “Death from above” is my motto.

I didn’t unlock the Wasp until after the campaign but it’s good for cleaning up side stuff.

It was only the wasp that made the map feel like a coherent place to me, as you could actually see it all. Made quite a difference to the feel of the game I thought. I unlocked it late too.

I know there are cheaters on PC because, well, it’s PC. That said, I haven’t actually encountered any obvious cheaters in all my MP play time so far. Just lucky, I guess. When cheaters pop up in other PC MP shooters they’re hardly subtle about it.

It blows my mind how many times a Team Slayer match that my team will split up. You’d think after the 8th or 9th time they get killed in a 1v4 situation that it would sink in that you need to mass your firepower.

Lol, that’s one thing that I’ve yelled at my TV when playing this online…
“OMG, are you guys too stupid to play this game? Are you too stupid to play fucking HALO?”

I have really gotten into the multiplayer though, it’s very well done, and a refreshing change from the battle Royale games with giant maps.

I feel the same. FFA Slayer is almost rebellious in its simplicity. When it feels like every other shooter is trying to stack up different systems for powerups or scoring or add a strategic layer, Halo just swaggers in and says, “Yeah, first to 25 kills, okaygo”. It keeps me coming back.

And the gameplay is still solid with a good skill curve. Nailing that target in the head right after his shield goes down feels good.

Modders discovered some voice lines meant for a mid-credit cutscene that were cut. A few days later…

A lot of these kills are absolutely filthy. This is god-level Halo.

Have you guys seen any of the Halo Infinite speedruns? This one I’ve watched has the player cutting out huge chunks of the game by hopping in a pelican from the Excavation Site mission and flying straight to the final tower. I didn’t even know you could pilot a pelican in this game! Check out around the 24 minute mark:

Here’s another video that actually explains how all the skips and exploits work to get a 30 minute speedrun of Halo Infinite.

I just had one of those legendary gameplay moments that you remember the rest of your life. Big Team Battle Capture the Flag. 16-kill streak solely as infantry. At one point I turned a corner and was 1v4 and killed them all in a maelstrom of grenades and gunfire. Seconds later, the enemy made a big push through one of the side caverns and I tossed a couple of Dynamo grenades into their midst and then finished off the survivors with Battle Rifle. Another four or five kills right there.

I seriously need a way to save this entire match.

I have gameplay clips but for some reason my XSX doesn’t capture game audio.

New event starts today, with bunch of Cyperpunkish rewards.

Bigger news is that the patch that fixes Big Team Battle matchmaking has passed Xbox cert and will drop tomorrow.