Have you planned to buy a PS Vita?

I also really liked the Toukiden demo. I had a hard time getting into soul sacrifice. This one has enough RPG tropes in it to make it easy to figure out and get into.

Hi, I’ll like to clarify something.

I find myself missing perfect beats in Patapon 2 on my Vita (what a beautiful piece of hardware!), even on easy mode, is this because Vita is running an emulator mode?

I ask because I purchased Romance of Three Kingdom IV PsOne game and found it horribly slow also. I needed to turn off the back touch controls because they were interfering with the game but even so, the controls seem very laggy.

Anyone else having similar problems? Or did I miss some settings?

Edit: Also, are there any must haves games for me to get? I am currently considering Terraria. I wish they bring back Monster Hunter here. The hardware is just fantastically awesome. 3DS may have real good library of games. But it don’t feel sexy in my hands like the vita does…

Tearaway, Persona 4 Golden and Guacamelee. Start there.

No games for the Vita is a myth - unless you mean no Mario or Zelda games.

Yeah, I also wish MH would come to Vita. With the horsepower and dual sticks Vita would be great for some Monster Huntin’. Sadly I doubt we will see that given that Nintendo wrapped up MH for a good long time.

Still there are a lot of good games for Vita. Persona 4 is fantastic and I am also enjoying Ninja Gaiden, Walking Dead, Terraria and Spelunky. Turns out the Vita is pretty fantastic for indie stuff like Spelunky and I can’t wait for Rogue Legacy!

There are also a decent number of oddball Japanese games coming/available. Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God, Demon Gaze and Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc all look interesting in that odd Japanese way.

One of the factors in my vita purchase was the ps net. When I browsed the vita selection i was sold. The number of games there is huge. And the psp titles that I can have access (ok re-purchase) is just awesome. Already topped up some cash in wallet trying to figure out what to buy.

On another note, I bought the Asia release of the Dragon’s Crown for this weekend’s play session. And promptly found that I had the dud version that could not upgrade to 1.05! Have to bring it to the Sony Service center for exchange. BUT they closed early for Chinese New Year dinner celebrations! Was really really frustrated because I can’t make myself start playing the unpatched version knowing that I will patch it to 1.05 the first chance I get, yea I’m anal that way…

About Persona Golden 4, I am quite tempted actually. I am also seriously considering Terraria, I loved the PC version and looking at the reviews, it seems that the vita control scheme is a winner.

But what I am really waiting for is a possible Monster Hunter replacement :). I liked the MH3U on 3ds a lot but the requirement for that pro attachment to get twin stick controls is onerous, so much so that I find myself forgoing MH sessions because my attachment was not nearby to my 3ds. Vita would never give me that problem.

JRPGs + VITA = Mounting excitement on my part.

Okay so I’ve been trying out the latest Ys that was released on Vita (first time for me in this series) and while I’m enjoying the game so far (maybe 2 hours in or so) I’ve got some issues:

1. what the heck am I supposed to be doing?! I finished the tutorial section and picked up all the quests in the initial town and completed those right away but my journal says I need to find some big tree or maybe a river (honestly I’m not sure, the supreme general who looks like she should still be in high school wasn’t very clear) and I seem to have run out of options on the map. I’ve spent the last few play sessions running back and forth over all the explored area looking for a path I missed but the only ways I can find are blocked by rocks (should I have a rock breaking power by now?)
  2. the map mechanic of uncovering the fog of war as you explore is nice but this game really needs a more detailed world map if that’s going to be my primary way of finding my way around. I can’t tell which paths are open, which are blocked, and which ones aren’t paths at all.
  3. I feel like I’m at that point in a RPG where the game opens up and you get to move on to the next town or dungeon or volcano or whatever but instead I’m faced with a big forest that apparently exists to turn players around and send them right back out the way they came. I need some guidance from you Ys players out there because I’m sure I’m missing something obvious here.

I’m playing through the game myself right now, and I ran into the same piles of rocks you did and couldn’t make much progress in those directions, but I found another path to the southwest that opened up a lot more of the forest, and now I’ve been to another town and am currently in a dungeon.

Remember to check your map from the pause menu; it has objectives marked on it with blue flags, so you can see the great tree and the river both marked on it. Also, if you encounter NPCs within the forest, talk to them!

Okay good to know their is a way out I guess I just haven’t found it yet, also haven’t met any NPCs in the forest. I see those blue waypoint flags I just haven’t found a way to get to them.

Maybe my brain’s gone mushy but I found Killzone Mercenaries quite enjoyable. Played it on Hard and going to go through again. Lots of room for stealth and varied tech to buy that carries over to your multiplayer loadout. I’ve never played a Killzone before but the Call of Duty by way of Dune vibe works for me. Curious about the console titles now.

The rumor mill says that there is a PlayStation Vita slim announcement coming out tomorrow. does anyone have any details?

It’s probably the same revision that’s already out in Japan. Has an LCD screen instead of OLED and is slightly thinner and lighter with a little better battery life. In Japan it came out at the same price as the OLED model, though, but it could end up being cheaper here. The Start/Select buttons are also reportedly easier to click on the new design and I think the speakers have been relocated so your fingers are less likely to block the sound.

But… OLED is shiny

Seriously, the OLED screen is amazing, I’ve had mine for a few weeks and still blown away.

Glad I got my Vita with the OLED when I did. 1GB of storage is pretty much pointless, and the thinner/lighter form factor doesn’t really make it any easier to carry. The only positive I can see for the slim is the better battery life.

Plus, with my OG Vita, i feel like I’m thumbing my nose at AT&T every time I turn it on since I don’t use their overpriced data service. :)

Did anybody get hold of Toukiden yet?

Big blowout of Vita news today from Sony. They’ve officially announced the new PS Vita 2000 model is coming to North America. It’ll be sold in a bundle with Borderlands 2 and an 8GB memory card for $199. You’ll also be able to bring over you save from the PS3 version of Borderlands 2 which was a recent PS Plus game, so that’s a nice bonus. They also announced a release date for the Vita HD remaster of God of War 1&2 which will be out May 6th. Fans of the No Heroes Allowed/Badman/What did I do to Deserve This games should be pleased to hear there is a new Vita game in the series coming this spring. Also in the pipeline are a Sly Cooper HD Collection, a new BlazBlue game, and confirmation that Invizimals and Murakasi Baby are coming to Vita in North America.

You might want to consider investing in an extra cable for the 1st Gen Vita. Since the cable is proprietary you might have difficulty looking for a new one if the old cable breaks down.

I am looking pretty seriously at this as a Monster Hunter fan, but I am also worried as Dynasty Warriors combo spam doesn’t work for me. There are also concerns about long term DLC milking. Although Oni demons sound a lot cooler aesthetically than dinosaurs. Anyone else jumping in?

Not me. It’s all about TxK today. I’ll buy it as soon as it comes out…well, technically I can buy it right now, but waiting for the Vita Play 2014 discount to kick in.

Ok got my region 3 English copy yesterday.
Was quite fun. The initial boss had very obvious tells just like MH which you can avoid. The bow attacks are kinda like Soul Sacrifice where u have to stand and “charge up” attacks.

I kinda like the fluid attacks but have trouble aiming with the bow. Maybe a dual blade may suit my play style better. It looks like it will make me spend heaps on time on this.

The fighting is just similar enough to MH to put me in my comfort zone, unlike soul sacrifice. And the weapons upgrade path seems fun. Can’t figure out the mimata thing for now though.

I think MH fans will like this.