Have you planned to buy a PS Vita?

I just got one of these:

I can’t recommend it enough. It makes the Vita feel extremely ergonomic in your hands, and lowers cramping substantially. It also makes it so you don’t have to hold the Vita by keeping your fingers on the rear touch panel, making Remote Play actually usable (but still not “playable”, IMO).

Wow, looks very similar to the Power Grip someone mentioned earlier in the thread, but without the extra power component, making it a lot cheaper.

It’s also a lot lighter than the power grip. Other than that, it’s the exact same proportions. I much prefer it to the power grip.

It also looks like it has a better hold on the Vita than the Power Grip.

Apparently the grips block the charging port. Not that I would actually play and charge at the same time but how hard/annoying is it to pop the vita in and out of the grips for charging say after every play session?

Very easy. On the bottom hook part is a lock/unlock switch. You just flip the switch and the grip comes right off.

It is fairly annoying that you can’t power while using it though. But, well worth the trade off IMO.

Ordered. Thanks for the info.

That looks great, boughtened.

Get the Nyko Power Grip instead. Adds about 4 hours to your playing time because it has a built in battery and you can recharge your vita without having to take it out of the grip. Of course it’s all about what it’s worth to you. For me it was well worth the extra 12 bucks.

Personally I prefer the PDP grip, which does let you charge while attached: http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Trigger-Grips-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B0072A4JVW

But it’s really personal preference. I would definitely recommend a grip of some sort to new owners though.

Mine with 32gb card upgraded fine FWIW.

16GB card Vita upgraded no issues.

BTW, Jeanne D’Arc does work on Vita, but you have to download it on the PS3 and transfer it over. Was surprised I can’t do it on the PS4.

The latest patch to the firmware fixed my bricked 32 card. Looks like the water is safe if anyone was still waiting!

Cool beans! I was lucky enough not to have any problem updating to 3.10 on my 32GB card. I’m looking forward to Stealth Inc coming to PS Plus next month. I’ve had it on PC for a while but it’s one of those games I’ve been holding out to play on Vita if it went on sale of into the IGC.

Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars, and Oreshika confirmed for US release.

WarpRattler’s GotY 2014 coming in May!

Sooooo…the past two weeks I’ve had an inexplicable urge to run out and buy a Vita, a device I had previously scoffed at. I’ve managed to hold off so far, but I’m getting worn down. What say you, Vita owners? Should I take the plunge?!

What games would you play on it? It’s got a very nice library at this point, but if you’re not interested in indies, Japanese games, or PSP stuff, you’ll be sorely disappointed.

Recently, I’ve been playing Bravely Default and it’s re-sparked my old love of JRPGs. I just love that little game. Xenoblade is another all-time favorite of mine, but nowadays I have more time to play on my train commute than I do while I’m at home. So that was really the inspiration for wanting the Vita, I think.

Then I realized it has Persona 4 Golden (I’ve never played any of the Persona games, something I feel I need to rectify). Also, I’ve been interested in Tearaway. Oh yeah, and maybe some old PS1/PSP games too. Tactics Ogre comes to mind as another I feel like I’ve missed out on. I think PS+ would be pretty sweet to have.

So basically I think I’m already sold. I think part of my hesitation is that now that the new 2000 model is out, I’m not sure if it’s worth trying to track down an OLED model or get that new Borderlands 2 bundle w/ the 8GB card. Any suggestions in that regard?

EDIT: I’ve already played BL2 on the PC, so that’s not a draw really. That Oreshika game Warp linked to above looks pretty rad though…

I’ve been pretty happy with mine. The hardware is peerless, and the game library is smallish but has enough good stuff to occupy my portable gaming time. I wouldn’t want it to be my only system, but as a supplement to PC, it works great. But it definitely depends on your genre tastes.

Edit: Yeah, if you like RPGs and tactical RPGs, you’ll be set. P4G and Tactics Ogre are both great, and there are plenty more to choose from after you finish them (200 hours). I haven’t seen the slim in person to compare to my original model, but the screen on the original is fantastic, and really does make it more pleasant to use compared to other portable systems. Not sure how that compares to a copy of BL2 and whatever other improvements the slim makes, but I’m happy with it.

If you’re into JRPGs and already own a 3DS, the Vita is your best bet for sure. It’s becoming increasingly unlikely to see Japanese games in general on platforms other than handhelds and mobile, and with JRPGs in particular, I doubt we’ll even approach the meager numbers we saw on consoles last generation, let alone the levels we saw on PS2; meanwhile, the 3DS and Vita are always getting new JRPG releases, and we’re seeing a good number of them leave Japan.