Hearthstone - Blizzard's F2P Digital Card Game

Yogg beat me in a game this weekend. Opponent was down to 5 health with no creatures and only 1 card in his hand. I had board control firmly on my side. He throws down Yogg and gets probably the best set of random spells he could have gotten. When it was all said and done, he had 5 3/3 Silver Hand Recruits, Yogg, 10 armor 6 “random mage” cards, 2 cards from his deck (total of 8 cards in his hand), and I was creatureless. The whole time I’m just thinking "come on, just fireball or pyroblast yourself. But no, all positives for him and negatives for me.

Still, if you’re going to lose, might as well be in style.

Losing is never fun, especially when it’s a long game, but I’ve find that I get less annoyed over a loss to Yogg than I do to anything else. Even if he beats me, it’s entertaining to ride the rollercoaster of his spellcasting to see what will come out, and IMO I’d prefer to lose to his RNG than to be run down by an aggro deck or ground down by a warrior with 100 armor.

I learned an important lesson this day. Bolf absorbs all Cthun damage that goes to the face, even beyond that which would kill him.

Weird!

NEW BOLF META

p.s. My new pet peeve is Druid C’Thun. ARGHHH

Cross posting:

Change your BattleTag for free!

Fuck zoo.

That is all.

This week’s Tavern Brawl is the dumbest fucking thing I’ve ever seen. There’s no strategy involved whatsoever.

I agree with all of the above.

Has anyone played wild? I played it a little bit as a lark and got my hat handed to me, even at the super-duper low ranks. Yikes.

I’ve been trying out Wild after getting frustrated with feeling like the Standard metagame was a little too thin. I’m still pretty low in the rankings, but at least I get to see more deck variety than in Standard. But then, Dr. Boom and Piloted Shredder are still in every deck, so your experience may vary.

I’m mostly playing a custom NZoth/Reno rogue right now. The biggest trouble I’m facing are Tempo Mages and NZoth/double Equalize Paladins.

As for brawl, typically its my favorite game mode, but there hasn’t been a single good brawl since Old Gods released in April, unless you count a repeat or two that you can’t use to clear dailies due to locked in classes.

Still enjoying the game, but my problem decks are more than aggravating right now since I tend to lose hard against them.

Decks I’ve seen in Wild so far (a few different flavors of each):
-Freeze Mage
-Secret Paladin
-Standard Decks (Zoo, Miracle Rogue, C’Thun Druid, Divine Shield Paladin)
-Reno Warlock
-Pirate Rogue
-Aggro Warrior (Weapon, Pirate, Patron)
-Mech Mage
-Tempo Mage
-Control Warrior
-Priest (Control and Dragon)
-A druid deck built around the spell that gives you 10 mana but you discard your hand
-Secret Mage?
-Murloc Paladin

Decks I haven’t seen once in Wild:
-Shaman (Midrange, Aggro, or otherwise)

OK, Evolution is pretty fun.

Mulligan’ed into Nerubian Prophet, End up with 2 evolves in my hand by turn 4. Weve traded roughly efficiently so far, opponent has a 2/2 on an otherwise empty board. Play Nerubian, immediately play an evolve, and get an acidmaw (4/2 hunter legendary). Sad trombone. Opponent “oops”-es.

Think for a second. Press my luck? Sure, why not.

Play second evolve and get Ragnaros, Lightbringer. Hell yeah. Win 3 turns later.

I came up with this goof around deck. By (presumably) blind luck it has taken me 8-0 so far on casual & 2 ladder games.

It never seems to run out of steam and always has a play. In particular make sure you go for the spawn combo, either demonfire or a Thalnos coil.

Doom is the only card that feels a wee bit too slow. Worth considering twisting nether instead if you care about effectiveness, but Doom is just FUN :)

Anyway worth a drive if you have the cards. It has the benefit of being a very unexpected deck.

eek, no idea how this image resizeing works. errr…
click on it I guess for the cards?

edit: yup deck sucks. I was just lucky the first few games. :)

New patch. New Shaman Hero graphic for those who recruit people and/or create a fake account and level up a couple heroes.

[Quote]
Recruit A Friend is here!
Invite friends to play Hearthstone and gain cool rewards!
ALL your recruits can earn a free Classic pack!
Earn free Classic card packs for up to four more recruits!
Pick up the new Shaman hero, Morgl The Oracle, when your first recruit achieves 20 combined levels across all classes.
New icons make it easier for spectators to figure out which game mode you are playing.
Golden Priest, Rogue, and Neutral cards are now easier to tell apart.
Golden Hero Powers are now displayed correctly in the Arena.
Tinyfin Beach - Get this card back by achieving Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play during the month of July.
Silithid Swarmer is now a Beast.
Khadgar’s portrait now has a drop shadow.
The Collection Manager now more accurately displays new cards.
The experience bar will no longer fill up after winning a game at max level.
Wild card rarity now displays properly when viewing flavor text.
Golden C’Thun’s buff animation is now gold, gold, GOLD!
Players should no longer appear as UNKNOWN after reconnecting.
Fixed some audio, graphical, and UI issues.[/QUOTE]Cut and pasted from Battle.net client. Posted from phone, hence shitty formatting.

If you love Yogg-Saron’s mechanic, you’re going to drool over this week’s TB!

I’m having a hard time getting a refer-a-friend person to actually play the game. Everyone I know either plays currently, played in the past and doesn’t want to start a new account, or just isn’t interested in trying it out.

/mourn murgl-shammy

I’ve been having a blast with Arena lately. Been spending a lot of time watching Kripp and Trump do their Arena runs and it has taught me a lot about how to draft synergies, best value for cards, how to plan for insane opponents at certain points (at 6-0, you can count on certain cards to be present for certain classes and need to plan for them to be in hand). Raised by win average from 4.2 to 5.8 and will hopefully keep climbing. Managed to get a 10-3 run with a priest deck last night (with no Entomb or Death, somehow), which is traditionally my worst arena class.

I hate how blizzard keeps doing refer a friend bonuses well after you’ve already referred all your friends. Had the same problem with Heroes, but at least in Hearthstone I worked around it by referring myself on a smurf account. Was able to get the hero unlocked in under a day.

I unlocked the Shaman Murloc for both my wife and I yesterday as soon as it went live. Took about two hours on a couple fake new accounts I created for the purpose. Was pretty quick and easy.

I actually prefer the default Golden Shaman portrait, but the Murloc will suffice till hit 500 (in ranked) on that class. Too bad the game doesn’t track Brawl and Casual for the golden portrait.

I never bought any of the $10 portraits (or the ugly iPhone-exclusive Mage), but I haven’t minded unlocking the two free ones (Shaman & Pally).

Khadgar is worth it for his Threaten alone.

It’s kinda funny. I’m leveling my little smurf account to get the Murloc hero, and lo and behold, on my 2nd or 3rd card pack, I draw the Black Knight – one of the legendaries I’ve never acquired in all this time on my main account. Pity, too, as it’s a useful one to be able to tech in.