Here I Stand Forum Game: The Thread for the Aforementioned Forum Game of Here I Stand

Ok was just reviewing the winter phase. I will also pass, as I am satisfied by my understanding there.

I will pass, back to @Panzeh

Do @Juan_Raigada 's Popes not have more cards?

Vassal has them on empty. (If you’re wondering why they only got 4 plays, it’s because they had to use a card for the Diet of Worms)

France plays Landsknechts for its ‘event’ side to add 2 mercenaries to Francis in Italy. On to @CF_Kane . I will be autopassing if I see everyone else before me pass.

Pass. @CraigM

Winter is coming!

Pass @Panzeh

Pass. On to Winter!

Winter Phase:

It is probably easiest to handle this in one file. People can post what they want to do for wintering units in the thread.

There are no loaned naval squadrons. @CraigM, would you like the English boats to go to Edinburgh, Berwick, Norwich, London, or Calais (or one to each of two locations)?

@Cuthbert, any wintering units? As a reminder, units not in a fortified space must return to a fortified space. Units in a fortified space may return to the power’s capitol.

@CF_Kane I am sending one to Edinburgh, and one to London.

I am also sending 1 of my regulars from Edinburgh to London, as I can have a max of 4 units in a fortified space for winter. I believe I have 5 in Edinburgh.

Good thing you took Cologne back lest the Protestants turn its cathedral into some kind of Congregationalist meeting house.

France is sending 2 mercs and 2 regulars back to Paris to obey stacking limitations in Florence.

The Hapsburgs are sending Charles V, Ferdinand, 3 regulars, and one mercenary back to Vienna, leaving 1 regular in Metz.

@Juan_Raigada The Pope can winter his unit in Ravenna back to Rome, if he so chooses.
@Tom_Mc’s protestants do not get to winter yet.

We’ll stay put

The stack in Belgrade goes back to Istanbul, leaving one regular there.

Any straggler single troops move to the closest fortified space.

@CF_Kane i think that’s everyone

I’ll do the move later tonight, and run through the new world phase as well.

The English crown formally sends a barrel of the finest English ale to the Hapsburg court in Wein, in thanks for their efforts.

Winter Phase

Everyone winters per their instructions. Everyone gets 1 regular in their capitol, except for the Hapsburg (who get 1 regular in each of Valladolid and Vienna) and the Protestants (who get no bonus regular).

New World Phase

First we do the explorers. Cabot is going thanks to the event, but each of the Hapsburgs, England, and France get a random selection. Thanks to truly bad rolls, all of the worst explorers get picked. Narvaez for the Hapsburgs (a -1 explorer!), Willoughby for England (a 0 explorer), and Roberval for France (a 0 explorer).

Cabot rolls first, and gets a +1 to the roll. He rolls a 10 (+1 for 11) which gives him a chance to circumnavigate and pick up the 1 VP from Pacific Strait at a minimum. The Hapsburgs take that chance, needing a modified 10-12 on the die roll. Cabot rolls a 9, which is a modified 10, and so succeeds at Circumnavigating (take that Magellan!). That is 4 VPs to Spain (1 for Pacific Straight, 3 for Circumnavigation).

Willoughby is next, at -1 for the lack of English charts. He rolls a 5, which is modified to a 4, so he is lost at sea.

Next is Roberval, also at -1 since the French do not have charts. He rolls a 10, which modifies to a 9, and so discovers the Mississippi River for 1VP.

Finally, Narvaez heads out at -2 (-1 for his “bonus” and -1 for charts). He rolls a 3, which modifies to a 1, and so is lost at sea.

Spain sends out Francisco Coronado to conquer the New World, who gets a +1 bonus. He rolls a 7, which is just a bit too low, and comes back without any conquered territory.

The Spanish colony in Cuba is established, no roll needed.

The New World after Turn 1:

Turn 1 VPs:

Ottomans: 12
Hapsburgs: 14
England: 11
France: 16
Papacy: 18
Protestants: 3

Turn 2

We add the new debaters and reformers. Notably, Protestant reformer Zwingli is placed in Zurich.

New cards are added to the deck, and discards are shuffled.

Hapsburgs get to roll for New World Riches for Cuba. Hapsburgs roll a 10, and so get an extra card.

Cards are dealt:
Ottomans: 4
Hapsburgs: 6 (5 +1 for New World Riches)
England: 3
France: 3
Papacy: 3
Protestants: 4

Cards in hand (counting saved cards and home cards):
Ottomans: 5
Hapsburgs: 9
England: 5
France: 5
Papacy: 5
Protestants: 5

We now move on to the diplomacy phase.

France should be drawing 4- 3+1 for Francis I, same for England, I believe.

That is right, sorry. Forgot about the leader bonuses. Will upload the file and fix this morning.

Two files uploaded, one with everything from my winter phase post and one giving France and England their bonus cards.

Corrected Cards in Hand (counting home cards and saved cards):
Ottomans: 5
Hapsburgs: 9
England: 6
France: 6
Papacy: 5
Protestants: 5

Got it. Looking over options.