Here I Stand Forum Game: The Thread for the Aforementioned Forum Game of Here I Stand

With the hard work of diplomacy done, we move to the announcement of diplomatic deals.

As a reminder, we announce any diplomatic agreements first. Then, anyone at war can sue for peace, if there was not an agreed peace in the agreements phase. After that, powers may pay the appropriate CP cost to declare new wars.

@Cuthbert’s Ottomans go first to announce deals.

No deals (that would alter the game state.) @CF_Kane

The Hapsburgs agree to end their war with the French, and enter into an alliance with the French. (Pending confirmation by @Panzeh).

That is all for me in terms of game state changing deals.

@CraigM

The English and French agreed to a white peace

@Panzeh

France confirms peace and alliance with Hapsburgs
France confirms peace with England
France will be making peace and an alliance with the Papacy,
In exchange, France will send 1 mercenary to the Papacy and the Papacy will loan its fleet to France.

On to @Juan_Raigada

The Papacy confirms white peace, alliance and exchanging one mercenary for loaning his fleet.

On to @Tom_Mc

Nothing to announce.

There are no ongoing wars to sue for peace in at this point. @Cuthbert, declaring any wars?

No wars this turn.

No wars from me. (@CraigM)

Negatory.

France plays “Field Artillery” as a 1 CP card to declare war on Genoa. On to @Juan_Raigada

No wars.

@Tom_Mc

I don’t think I could declare even if I wanted to.
We’re done here, I think.
@CF_Kane ?

So uh, what are we doing this turn then?

Spring deployment is next

I meant without the wars, haha. I’ll post my spring deployment shortly.

I for one plan to forswear war in favor of peace, diplomacy, and understanding, with a side of bloody new world conquest.

Bloody subjugation of non European peoples you say? Throw in a cup of tea and you sound positively British!

I suspect sparks will fly on turn 3 once people see the Hapsburg VP.

They might even fly once Schmalkadic League gets played.