Hey, how can I get Discourse to do X?

My post also failed there, so??? I know that Jeff used to say that 10k+ threads did weird things to Discourse though.

Experienced the same issue in the GOP thread just now. 1393 characters. Tried twice, got a 502 after about 30 seconds each time.

I don’t see your post in the Russian thread. Last post is still the judy one.

I’m getting the same thing (502 error) when trying to post in the animated gif thread.

I deleted it, after verifying it posted OK.

If the animated GIF thread is super long too, that’s probably the same problem.

I made a new thread to continue the discussion:

If there are no objections, maybe we could lock the old thread with a note directing people to that one?

Aight.

Sorry about the bland title.

You damn well should be!!!!!

You forgot (that’s interesting).

Looks like I can’t post to the gif thread. Is there something going on with long threads just now, particularly? Is there a common issue? @stusser

Yeah, maybe. I updated a day or two ago and the problems started then. No further updates available yet.

One day, hundreds of years from now, forum software will be able to handle over 10,000 posts!

(Just teasing I love you Discourse.)

Does it matter if I start a new gif thread? Or is waiting better?

I’m going to try a rebuild – it might pull down an incremental version that addresses the issue.

Ok, I did a rebuild… if you continue to experience problems that are easy to reproduce, let me know and I’ll file a bug report.

Right after posting on another thread.

Still can’t post in the gif thread. 502.

Same here.

Getting errors trying to post my weekly screenshots to the Board game thread. Discord is imploding!