Hey, how can I get Discourse to do X?

You screenshot size went from ~750Kb to 135Kb on the last one, so it’s indeed working.

Some other example posts that used this new feature:

So far so good. Feel free to @mention me if someone finds a problem with it.

Thanks Falco, really appreciate you checking in!

Still happening. Annoying.

If you find a specific bug is fixed in an update tag me and I’ll upgrade. Otherwise I wait a month or so between upgrades. Need to snapshot the VM first etc as I’m deathly afraid they’ll stop supporting postgres12 and not tell anyone.

Has anyone else noticed that Discourse seems to be real dumb about tracking threads that have changed? At least compared to how it used to be?

So, discourse is in April Fools mode now? Ugh. “Hey, it’s April Fools, let’s make our software really shitty for a day!” Every goddam year all over the goddam web.

2 Likes

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE.

2 Likes

Nobody ever accused me of originality, but on the other hand I amuse myself, and I’m the only real being in the universe, the rest of you are all figments of my imagination, so nobody is actually being hurt or even minorly inconvenienced in any way.

4 Likes

Oh, you did it, it’s not a discourse thing? Well, I apologize for the snark then.

2 Likes

Oh, right, no, they didn’t change every discourse site on the internet! That would lose them a lot of customers for sure.

2 Likes

Oh, uh, obviously, in retrospect, yeah. Duh.

2 Likes

It’s OK. Have a like!

5 Likes

sensible chuckle

Edit: oh wait, you actually turned on likes.

scared baby

17 Likes

Perfect GIF. Have another like!

3 Likes

Sneeze baby is one of the funniest damned things in the world.

2 Likes

Wait… likes are back? How do we use themmmmmmm.

6 Likes

Just click the lil Heart icon on anyone else’s post!

And do it as often as possible. But especially for me.

11 Likes

I have no heart icon!!! @stusser !!!

giphy

5 Likes

I just impersonated you and did see like icons, so I dunno. Try doing a hard refresh, deleting cookies, praying to Beezelbub the Lord of Flies, restarting your browser, the usual.

3 Likes

God, I love Stylus.

3 Likes