High on Life (Rick and Morty universe)

Think I misremembered. This helpful?

Yea, hold the button down and it’ll show an arc of where it will go.

I finished this one up yesterday and had a really good time with it, it was better than I expected. I half suspected this would be a trifle, just a vehicle for Roiland’s sense of humor. And it’s got a ton of that - somehow I’m carrying a gallon of alien, uh, jizz that some back alley trench coat wearing dude conned me into. But there’s a pretty solid game under the hood too, with lots of interesting locations and opportunities for exploration. It’s on the small side, kind of the way The Outer Worlds was a bite-size Fallout kind of game, but i appreciated that. Get in, do your thing, get out. They don’t all need to be epics.

Welp.

discussion here a few days ago. tl;dr he’s purposefully conflating domestic abuse and his creeeeeeepy grooming

The DLC, High on Knife, is getting pretty good reviews at the few places that reviewed it.

DLC is $14.99, Xbox has a special bundle with the game (still on Game Pass) and the DLC together for $20. Tempting.

If I had time to play it, I’d get it, since I enjoyed what I played so far. Well, except for getting stuck and not knowing where to go. That part is very retro.

Oh crap - that’s a wallet threat right there!

edit: but hang on - if you have Game Pass, the bundle is discounted to $15.99! Heck yeah!

Yes, the Game Pass DLC bundle. I thought I could find it by finding High on Life, but no, they hide it well.

Buy High On Life: Game Pass DLC Bundle | Xbox

Heh, I liked the description:

I tried this a month or two ago, maybe for an hour or two. In that time I thought it was OK, but it didn’t really pull me in. Is this a game that takes a bit to get in the groove, or would it probably grab someone in an hour or two if it was going to?

I went to the other planet, got my suit and maybe did an objective or two after that.

I got a bit past that point before dropping it. But I’m not big on FPSes in general. It had a few funny moments, but not enough to get me to stick with gameplay that I was lukewarm on.

I got to the same point. I think I got a little too completionist. I tried to find every nook and cranny, and this is not a good game to be dying over and over trying to get all the collectibles. I should instead power through to the next story point so that I can listen to the dialog.

I loved this game and completed it. Damnit, how could they finally release High on Knife when I’m dealing with Starfield, BG3, CP2077:PL, and my usual flight sim addictions?

Thanks for flagging the bundle. Boughted.

BACKLOG=BACKLOG+1

Edit: Weird. There’s a High on Life bundle that’s discounted to $39.99 with Game Pass, and there’s the IDENTICAL bundle that’s discounted to $15.99 with Game Pass. It’s literally the same bundle at two different prices. Feel bad for people not paying attention, but glad I now own the base game too.

Your post made me realize it’s $16 now, not even $20, so I bit this morning.

I’M NOT GOING TO INSTALL RIGHT NOW. I REFUSE.

According to Reddit, some people are seeing this as one of the “Deals for You” on the marketplace, which is going for $8 for the whole deal. May want to see if that’s the case for any of you, wasn’t for me.

Finally played the DLC, High on Knife, over the last couple days. It’s basically more of the same but more compact. A new area, some new enemies, a new fun and Knifey gets an upgrade. I enjoyed it, definitely still had the abrasive, edgy humor of the original game. Mostly I was ok with that, except there was a section where you could race an opponent but every time you lose and retry you had to listen to the opponent berate you for a loser for what felt like forever before you could rematch them. That got old.