Hitman 2 - WB and IOI kills episodic Hitman

This is on for $12 at GMG right now, or $20 for Gold. I have Hitman 1, what I think is the GOTY edition, although it doesn’t identify itself as such (I have, for example, a DLC called “the full experience,” which isn’t present in the GOTY bundle on Steam’s page? Very confusing.), and it would be nice to play it in the Hitman 2 engine, which I hear is possible. So, if I buy this $12 Hitman 2, I’ll get the old Hitman 1 levels in its engine in the bargain, right? Is it worth it to go an extra $8 for the “gold” edition? I heard some lackluster things about the DLC included in Gold, and $8 is after all $8.

Yeah, you should get the Hitman 1 levels in Hitman 2 when you buy it. I think $8 extra for the gold edition is worth it. I like the bank level quite a bit, though I haven’t gotten around to playing the resort level. With that, you’ll have 13 huge regular maps, 2 smaller maps (the ICA facility and Hawke’s Bay), and 3 sniper maps to play with.

To be clear the two smaller maps and the sniper maps are basically what Gold gets you over standard?

No, two big maps are what you get - the bank and the resort.

I bought the game on a sale a while ago, but due to some bug I can’t even start the thing. Tried verifying, uninstalling and reinstalling and still no luck (steam version).

Gave up and am playing other things for now. So no recommendation from me.

February content: