Hmm, apparently Farscape's back

I like Farscape (caught a lot of the episodes when they were re-ran recently) but recently I’ve been wondering about the source of its appeal:

Is there a single episode where nobody is tied up and tortured? Is that there thing to include in every episode, like killing Kenny on South Park?

Still no “official” confirmation but a lot of rumor flying around.

There are a few episodes without torture. Although they do mostly include people having their eyeballs popped out.

And lots of shouting. There’s always lots of shouting. Still, I always really liked that show.

Did anybody else have a hard time accepting the idea of an incredibly attractive, charismatic, muscular scientist? I’m straight and yet somehow I found myself jealous of Aeryn while watching Farscape.

http://www.watchfarscape.com/news/article.php?newsid=463

Savefarscape.com is now free to confirm that the rumors swirling have their basis in fact. Farscape, cancelled last year by the SCI FI Channel, will return as a 4 hour mini-series. Sources report that filming will begin in December and the series is expected to air next year. Ben Browder and Claudia Black will reprise their roles as Commander John Crichton and Officer Aeryn Sun.

I met a couple of the actors from Farscape at Dragoncon at the hotel bar… My friend’s cousin who was there was a huge Farscape fan, I never watched it myself. He was too chickenshit to go up to the actors, so I just asked him for two questions about episodes and one actor(the old short guy) just kept blabbing for 10 minutes straight.

Lou Ferrigno was there too, eating by himself. He was pretty cool, the waiter tried to shoe us away but we blew him off… Shook his big-ass hands, I think I could take him.

Claudia Black is the sexiest ugly woman ever. Last year I watched the Season 1 DVD set at my parent’s house in around two days at Christmastime. Supposedly, my father has bought up to season three this year, and it is a main reason why I am interested in going home to Boston. This is good news.

Claudia Black ugly? What, how?

Anyway, ever seen Gigi Edgley (Chiana) without the make-up? Inconceivable!

Dr. Crypt has a weird definition of ugly.

She’s got that nose. I would have charitably described her as average before I started watching the show. Once I got into it and saw her in character, though, I thought she was absolutely fantastic and worthy of much lusting-after.

Well, leather does help.

She’s got a large nose, squinty eyes and she’s hirsute… how much more elaboration do I need to say that she is sexy in spite of herself than the pre-existing elaborations of her physiogonomical genetic sequence? Claudia Black is an undeniably charming bad ass but she’s never gonna win any objective beauty competitions. Don’t your dicks get splinters scraping the bottom of the “I’d fuck anything” barrel like that?

There are no such things as objective beauty competitions, I prefer Claudia Black to most so-called “hotties” on the stage (any stage) today.

Bah, give me Scorpius any day. :twisted:

That Farscape chick was hot… hot hot hot… she didn’t stick around to chat though… boiOiOiOioOIoIoiNG!!

Heh, I think that’s a good way to describe it. In some episodes she seems so hot and sometimes she just looks ugly (It’s the same issue with Angelina Jolie). The more you watch the show the better looking she seems, too.
And in some episodes she is wearing a wig because (IIRC) her hair is naturally curly but Aeryn’s is supposed to be straight.

http://members.fortunecity.com/oops43/oops_gigi_edgley169.html
:lol:

Heh, I think that’s a good way to describe it. In some episodes she seems so hot and sometimes she just looks ugly (It’s the same issue with Angelina Jolie). The more you watch the show the better looking she seems, too.
And in some episodes she is wearing a wig because (IIRC) her hair is naturally curly but Aeryn’s is supposed to be straight.

http://members.fortunecity.com/oops43/oops_gigi_edgley169.html
:lol:[/quote]

She has a charismatic air about her. Shecomes across as straight, smart, strong and still feminine. The personality she gives off draws you in more than does her body. But I also like her body.

I noticed the same kind offect in near Dark with her co-star, the woman that played the pilot. She was very beautiful, but she had a force to her personality that just made her that much more desireable.

[/lecherous rant]

Best news I’ve seen this year. FS is going to be streaming again on Amazon Prime starting tomorrow, if I read this correctly.

I wasn’t sure which ancient FS thread to revive, but the title of this one made the most sense.