Hmm, apparently Farscape's back

Lol at me clicking this thread in excitement and seeing its from 2003.

Well, in the US anyway it hasn’t been on the steaming services for at least a few years so it’s nice to have it back. Was surprised there wasn’t a longer thread here from back in the day so this is the one I nerco’d. Sorry if I made it seem the show was going to have new eps.

Damn it, man.

That IS good news, thanks for the heads-up!

Oh, and I, too, mistook the title for current, the difference being that I reacted in horror. Nothing good has ever come of trying to resurrect a series after its been dead this long. Peacekeeper Wars had a distinct air of “zombie” about it as it was, and this corpse has been in the ground for a LONG time now.

I don’t think I ever saw the cartoon thing or whatever that was the real ending. I do remember loving this series when it ran regular like, well except the ending. I stopped watching a lot of fantasy / sci-fi shows due to how they freaking end.

I assume you’re talking about the Peace Keeper Wars. A 4 hour mini-series that pretty much stuffed an entire final season into 4 hours. It was ok, and super nice to see these characters again. But it’s not streaming on Amazon currently (just the actual seasons 1-4 are). I think I might go on and buy it after I finish watching the streaming stuff, cuzthe ending of season 4 is a sumbitch!!!

I remember not liking how the original series ended. Then they did this min one, which I also didn’t like how it ended. Then supposedly after that there was this anime/cartoon thing (not sure if that happened). And at that point I think I decided no more SyFy, USA, any originals from that company because they end poorly.

All I can find is that back in 2007/8 there were rumors about some Farscape Webisodes. But I can’t find anything indicating they actually got made. And a run of comics that I recall, but never read. If there is some animation anywhere that would be great!

Hell, I wasn’t a big SG1 guy, but I watched the last couple of seasons that had Browder and then Black on it. They kinda gave me the FS fix I was needing.

It’s been a long time since I thought about this series. Maybe it was the comics. I know whatever it was it wasn’t live action, and not the characters/humans i loved playing them. It’s cool it’s back on but man, the endings were just such a letdown.

The comics were okay I guess. Some kind of super race of aliens invades from another dimension, IIRC.

Actually, there are more issues than I thought.

I don’t think I read all of those.

The best solution is to stop about 120 seconds before the final episode actually ends. Then it’s a perfectly nice finish.

I missed this when it originally aired and due to the amount of people I’ve had recommend it to me through the years I thought I’d give it a whirl. I’m currently on season 1 episode 16. Considering it was originally aired 19 years ago it’s held up surprisingly well. The special effects are especially good considering the time.

Unfortunately it’s not yet really grabbed me. I don’t dislike it, it’s mildly enjoyable if not particularly engrossing. I love Claudia Black as Aeryn Sun and Crichton is fine in an every-man kind of way. The other characters, meh - not so much.

I’m going to try and stick with it until the end of season 2, if it’s not grabbed me properly by then I’m going to bail and try Babylon 5 (which I also missed first time around) instead.

The first season is the weakest, because the initial villain and his motivation are not very interesting. Once Scorpius takes over as the main villain, and they get a couple of more passengers, the series really hits its stride.

Thanks for the tip. It is beginning to pick up steam now. Is it just me or is Crichton an intergalactic Lothario? :)

Thread title so disappointing.

:(

Exactly right. When it was first on I watched a few episodes - quite liked the pilot but drifted off because the subsequent episodes in early first season were not great.

Cut to a couple of years later, I happen to flip on Sci Fi when they’re rerunning the multipart end to season 2 and I just think “holy crap, that got good - better go back and watch from the beginning!”

When all’s said and done, it’s one of my two favorite sci fi shows of all time.

I found out about the show because of the fan campaign to finish the series when it was originally first canceled. (I never saw it air on TV.) It is my favorite sci-fi show, unless you also count stuff like Futurama. Firefly is pretty close too.

The Season 1 finale blew my mind!

Dang, I thought there was a new reboot

Farscape is also up there for me

Recent discussion in this thread got me watching this again for the first time in ages, and the charm is still there despite its occasional awkwardness. However, one silly question arose while going through season 1; was it Farscape which borrowed the cheesy background music from late 90’s RPGs or the other way around?