Hmm, apparently Farscape's back

Someone really needs to change that thread title.

Do you mean the opening credits? The music changed a bit for Season 2 onward. (I actually prefer Season 1’s theme. Fewer synths.)

Nah, just the background music which plays during the show. Maybe for the first 10 episodes, there’s seemingly no rhyme or reason to it; ethereal synth which plays during combat, relaxed conversation, chase scenes, etc… It gets much better in the later episodes, but I found it humorously low-fi which kind of gave me a smirk as it played.

A lot of sci fi shows have that problem. I’ve been rewatching B5 and among the (many) sins of its first season is the amount of needless wham synthesizers at dramatic (or not that dramatic) moments. I know from (many) previous viewings that Christopher Franke ends up composing some spectacular stuff for this show, but early on it (like so many things in that show, which eventually becomes one of my all-time favorites) was amateur hour.

It was the 90s I guess. There was a lot of sci-fi sounding electronic music (raver music, psytrance and whatnot) that was popular in clubs at the time.

Ah, my bad, I wasn’t aware of that!