Holiday Sale Damage Thread

Added:
Shadowhand

@tgb123 I’ve played a few turns now and found that so far 99+% of everything that’s actually gameplay is translated. The developer says they’re working on an English tutorial. Hopefully we’ll get more documentation because it looks like a complex game with a lot going on behind the scenes.

@Miguk - Thanks. It’s only a $2 difference, so considering that the manual hasn’t been translated yet, I think I’ll wait for the tutorial. I’ve plenty to play, and at my age and am no longer interested in figuring out how a game works by trial and error.

Then again, the developers are saying the price will be going up when it leaves EA shortly after the first, so maybe I will get it now and let it sit on top of the backlog.

Is this the game you guys are talking about?

Is it fun right now as is? I love games like this.

Yes. I’ve only played for a half hour, but it’s very much like ROTK except with more emphasis on developing your cities. You will immediately be familiar with the UI and even the character portraits are close enough that you might recognize them. It looks exactly like a Koei game from 10-15 years ago.

I bought this intending to wait until it releases and play it then. Even if it doesn’t turn out to be fun, it’s interesting just to see another game like this. Koei has so many good ideas that Western strategy game developers (Paradox, I’m looking at you) should have been ripping off decades ago.

Thanks!

Endless Space, yes or no?

Endless Space 2 is better than 1, but you’re better off with, say, Distant Worlds or Stars in Shadow.

@Richard_Holt is the appointed expert on Endless Space matter, if I recall.

I actually enjoyed my time more with Endless Space 1 than I did with 2, but that may be more of a reflection of where my mind was at with space 4Xs.

The damage so far:

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
Rebel Galaxy
Rise to Ruins
Persona 5

Ok I’ve spent around $150 on the following and I’m done:

Total war: Warhammer 2
Destiny 2 (PS4)
Persona 5 (PS4)
Cuphead
A hat in time
A night in the woods
Fidel dungeon rescue

I’m not going to buy another game apart from humble bundles until 2019 (wishful thinking).

I’m tempted to pick this up but know that I don’t have time to play. 😖

Since when has that become a prerequisite?

Ha! Exaaaaactly

It’s a new movement, hop on!

I wish the Humble Store would start their holiday sale, so I can see if prices will be lower than on Steam with my monthly sub discount. :p

I ended up grabbing Three Kingdoms - The Last Warlord after all, but only looked at it very briefly and decided to wait for the official release (or at least an English manual/tutorial)

By the way, unlike Steam, Xbox One’s holiday sale also have a daily deal every day. Most of them haven’t been tempting to me. But two days ago, Forza 6 was on sale for less than $10, which was tempting. I had to remind myself that if I had time to play a massive racing game like that, I’d own it already.

Today’s daily deal is the most disappointing thus far. Some Virtual Currency for NBA 2K18. Sheesh.

Ended up getting a few games that have been on my list for ages

• Predestination - I have been following this game since its first blog post years and years ago. It’s about to hit beta, and although it doesn’t quite look like the game I was hoping it would be, it has some interesting ideas. Plus it’s from a small 2 man team in Northern Ireland. I don’t think I’ve ever played a game developed in NI before, so I’m glad it’s not going to end up as vapourware.

• Oriental Empires - Any game that has ancient China as a setting is going to end up in my library eventually.

• Life is Feudal: Forest Village: I just want to play first person Banished.