Holiday Sale Damage Thread

So I bought…

Far Cry 2
The Witcher Enhanced Version

And for X-Mas I got…

Mass Effect: Andromeda
Dragon Age: Inquisition

That will probably do it for me for the next 6 months.

Pathfinder Adventures

I ended up buying Lords of the Fallen GOTY for 5 and change, and am still perversely tempted by the WinGameStore’s $23.95 price on GTA V although I already played the plot of it through on the 360 when it first came out.

I spent $30 in PoE for stash tabs and a couple of neat weapon and helmet effects.

I bought Prey from Fanatical a day or two ago, since they had it on sale for something like $17.59.

Probably going to get Tacoma and possibly Mass Effect:Andromeda while they are on sale too.

Sentai Filmworks and Barnes and Noble did a pretty decent double whammy on me on the Anime/Manga front. Ordered a few of the “Deluxe” collectors editions for anime from Sentai. I’m particularly excited for “School-Live”.

Barnes and Noble are doing there “buy 2 get 1” manga sale right now too so I snagged the manga series for “School-Live” as well. I’ll likely end up with another Manga series as well before it’s all said and done (I only pick up new series during these sales since it saves so much).

No Video game sales for me though. Just playing stuff I have and looking forward to Monster Hunter and Season 3 of SF5.

For your recent civ iv purchase, I recommend checking out the Fall from Heaven mod. http://kael.civfanatics.net/

Pretty light one for me this sale season. I bagged:

• Has-Been Heroes (Switch eShop)
  • Tales from Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation (Steam)
  • Opus Magnum (Steam)
  • SHENZHEN I/O (Steam)
  • Zombasite - Orc Schism (Steam)

and …ahem… $150 worth of The Sims 4 stuff (Origin). Shhh…

Yes, very much yes. There are also a couple of great modmods that build upon it. It’s the game I wish Fallen Enchantress was.

Fall from Heaven is my second favorite mod of a civ game, after MoM Jr and Midgard Civilization 2.

My total for the season is a little lopsided because I’d already spent so much on new Switch stuff since buying one a few months ago. So let’s see:

$130 for me for Christmas. $50 of that was Fallout VR and the rest were Switch games that I already had on PC but wanted for Switch since it has replaced my Vita. Shovel Knight, Overcooked, Binding of Isaac.

But a CRAZY amount spent on the big Switch titles in the previous couple of months. My wife was REALLY not happy with me, Zelda BOTW, Mario Kart 8, Mario Odyssey, Skyrim, Steamworld Dig 2, Mario Rabbids, Puyo Tetris, Stardew Valley, Splatoon 2, Arms, Golf Story, Minecraft.

(Hangs head in shame. But then goes back to playing on the Switch.)

Diego

I bought The Pinball Arcade sale packs tonight. Two and Five I think. Some solid tables included there like Getaway, Pin Bot and TX-Sector among like fifteen or so others. Very happy and that might be it. We’re swimming in games from Christmas but they’re fighting over Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Middle son is playing through Okami on PS4 instead of fighting though.

One thing I am sure of is there are too many great games in 2017.

Slightly OT: What’s the best pinball game for PC to get? Zen, FX or Pinball Arcade or whatever?

I am just a dabbler in Pinball: I love to play them, but I have zero technique, and the only table I ever cleared was Pinball FX’ Biolab, which might be the simplest table ever.

If not on Steam, I’d suggest Pro Pinball Big Race USA available on GOG, but it isn’t a sale right now, and there is no online leaderboards. The Pro Pinball series reboot on Steam sadly seems half-dead, stuck at Fantastic Journey, and got very poor leaderboard support (going through their own server).

Available on Steam, I like Zaccaria for the tables’ simplicity, but I understand they might be too basic to a lot of people. All the tables are also quite similar.
Their business model on Steam is pretty cool too, as f you buy a table here and there, you get a discount depending on them, deducted from the full packs’ price if you get one of those later. Disclaimer: I onyl bought the full pack for iOS, but the Steam version seemed really good as well.

The tables are free to try in the Pinball FX fashion, so you can give both of them a try. Maybe Pinball Arcade, too, actually (at least, I know there is a free table to play there). As for Pinball Arcade, I’ll leave an expert do the talk, as my experience has been marred by technical issues.

Haven’t bought nuthin’ yet.

Add Tacoma (Play Anywhere) for $10 to my damage. I can’t resist PlayAnywhere games. They’re my weakness. You’re telling me it’s on sale, and I don’t have to make a decision on which platform to get it on? Sold!

So far only 2 games from GMG, their extra 25% off voucher weaken my resolve, I am sure there will be more before the end of the sales next week…

Damage report:
Life is Strange: Before The Storm - Deluxe Edition $13.12 (GMG)
Aven Colony $13.49 (GMG)

Both Pinball FX and Pinball Arcade give you one table for free with a download. You should try both for yourself.

For me, the physics and real tables in Pinball Arcade are just way more interesting than the fantasy videogamey tables in Pinball FX.

I got:

• Star Trader: Frontiers. (The Austin Walker / Rob Zacny video of this was intriguing; but after putting 8 hours into it, not sure I can play this game the way it needs to be played)
  • Invisible Inc. Contingency Plan DLC. (Got back to Invisible Inc after not playing it for year, and promptly played three full campaigns. What a damn fine game, time to finally check out the DLC)
  • Pyre (I still don’t understand all the hooplah about Pyre, but willing to have a look at 50% off)

Thank you for the recommendation, it looks very good. Has anyone played the Dune Wars mod?

a long time ago. It was in good shape.