Holy cats it's SECRET SANTA 2017 (11th ANNUAL)

Yeah I have nothing to go on either

Have you checked if they have any posts in a previous Secret Santa thread? That’s what I used last year to find out about my Santee.

I could use a new car.

Stalking works, at least I hope mine did. Found a nugget deeeeeep in post history =)

Yeah, it’s kinda funny. I see a one off comment and am like “ah ha”! Of course this makes me think of the one off comments I’ve made.

You know what’s something I’d never ask for and no one would get me, and I wouldn’t buy myself, but I kinda need? A cool ashtray for my cigars. Not sure what type, just would be an interesting gift. Do they even still make ashtrays?

Wow, that’s fast! Better get a Christmas tree up and ready so I can put it under there when it arrives :-)!

Stalking is hard! At least I am an easy one to stalk… Oh wait, I’m not that prolific a poster and usually just post about what I bought, how cool it is or not.

Santa, reach out to @fire if I am difficult. I have a kindle and enjoy good books.

Oh geez, lol. False alarm!

What I thought was my gift was actually the new battery for the Nexus 6p which @claybob was kind enough to send to me last week after his failed battery replacement. Thanks, @claybob!

Oh, and he also send the phone that he failed with. Which is like research into exactly how I am going to mess up fixing my own phone!

But really, it’s like a gadget repair nerds wildest dreams. I now have a test phone to perform battery surgery on. I get to try a dry run. I get to see the x-rays before doing the operation. Awesome! Thanks again!

Just to be clear, I’m like 90% sure this wasn’t a sneaky backdoor secret santa gift. If it was then I will sneakily delete this message some of you are witness to.

I had to get that object of broken dreams away from me!! :’(
I thought I might as well send the whole phone. Maybe you can swap out the part to bump your 6P up to 128 GB.

Dear @Jason_McMaster,

Your Secret Santa wishes for you to know that the first part of your present is on its way, due to arrive sometime soon.

Best,
fire

Oh wow

Dear @Hiredgoons,

Your Secret Santa would like me to tell you that a package will arrive (possibly hand-delivered by Jeff Bezos and/or dropped by drone, YMMV, maybe it’s just an Amazon box). You may open the box but please note one item inside is not wrapped.

Best,
fire

My wife suggested that I put an electric upright bass on my wish list because who knows! So I am. I played one when I bought a new bass guitar in October, and it’s soooooo cooooooool. This one cost $1500, though.

A large box is now sitting in our living room, under a potted plant, soon to be replaced by the Christmas tree!

So… been doing some stalking!
Reckon I’ve got some nice ideas for my victim!

(eh… Oops, I mean Santee obviously!)

Even though I did supply an amazon wishlist, I would just like to repeat its a bit jumbled, since I haven’t really been maintaining it properly. Like I said, choose something off it, just surprise me or perhaps scan my sparse participation here.
(sorry I’m not a more frequent poster!) - its all good and appreciated!

Thanks very much in advance for any and all efforts!

That pic kinda rubs me the wrong way. Or am I being overly sensitive?

It’s probably the T-day alcohol’s influence.

Yeah… wasn’t the greatest. I’d tried to find a funnier one, but just settled for that one before heading to bed. Sorry if it bugged anyone.