Horizon Zero Dawn - Postapocalyptic cavewoman vs Zoids

This made a pretty big impression at the Sony E3 show. It’s Guerrilla Games’ new project.

Open-world, robo-dino hunting and exploration.

Horizon Zero Dawn is set in a lush, beautiful open world where nature has reclaimed the ruins of a forgotten civilization. It is a world where mankind is not the dominant species, and highly advanced machines sit at the top of the food chain. You play as Aloy, a young outcast from a tribal society, who has learned to hunt the machines. Intent on unraveling the many mysteries that surround her, Aloy embarks on a quest that will lead her to discover her own destiny.

The interesting bit is that Guerrilla hired the lead cinematic artist and the quest designer from The Witcher 3 in February. They just hired the senior technical designer from CD Projekt RED as well.

I love the style, but I hate savages in general.

Even on the short video theres some conflicting perceptions. Is this person a hunter or a mass murderer.

I like the visuals of Giant Robot dinosaurs/mammals roaming the land. The only part that really took me out of the demonstration was when the puny human protagonist got hit. That looked brutal. But instead of dying, she just lost some hit points and kept going. There goes the whole David vs Goliath vibe of the whole thing that I was digging. Though it’s possible that maybe they were just demoing it on Easy difficulty, and there’s a setting on which if you get hit at all by the tail of a giant robot dinosaur, you break your bones and die.

I just hope the dinos shoot lasers from their eyes.

Since I didn’t see her kill a single human being in that video, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Also the name of the protagonist:

Aloy = alloy = metal

Also Fallout New Vegas writer a while back.

To clarify, the designer of the Bloody Baron quest.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/dennis-zoetebier/5/12a/859?trk=biz_employee_pub

Ohhhhh, this looks fascinating.

I am trying to imagine the designer of the Bloody Baron quests working on a game about cavemen vs. robot dinosaurs and drawing a blank as to what the end result would be like.

It’s like asking, “What if Martin Scorsese directed Spongebob?” I guess the only possible answer is, “interesting, one way or the other.”

You’ll go through this epic battle to hunt a robo-dino, but afterwards you’ll find out that the dinobot was sentient and was gathering crops to feed the children of an orphanage that is now without it’s main protector/provider. Those kids are then sold into slavery.

Way to soon to tell, but I thought this one looked pretty cool. I was never a big fan of the way Killzone played, so I remain a bit skeptical, but here’s hoping.

The trailer did show towns. It’s like asking that same question based on the trailer of Geralt fighting the Griffon.

Delayed.

As you can see in the trailer, we’ve decided to push the release date for Horizon Zero Dawn to February 28, 2017. It wasn’t an easy choice to make; we know many of you have been anxious to play the game since we first announced it. However, we also want to ensure that Horizon Zero Dawn lives up to the visuals and gameplay quality that our games are known for. The new date affords us the extra time required to deliver fully on our ambitious vision for Horizon Zero Dawn.

E3 gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Xx3MdqdgM

I think Zero Dawn Horizon makes more sense.

Please, Dawn: Horizon Zero is the way to go.

Or just HoriZeroDawn.

Story Trailer

This continues to impress. I’m getting really excited for this one, even if it’s just Far Cry 5 in terms of gameplay (not that there is anything wrong with that) the setting and the story beats they hint at are pretty fun looking.

I like that the cinematic video fleshed the world a bit more. But I don’t like that it more or less spoil the whole story. This feels like a game that is better to experience blind

Looks like a good voice cast. The bad guy sounded like Crispin Freeman. Ashly Burch in lead role.