Horizon Zero Dawn - Postapocalyptic cavewoman vs Zoids

The Lodge weapons are better versions of the Shadow Weapons so it’s kind of worth it.

that’s awesome. I had no idea. I tried the 1st hunting quest with the grazers when I was very low level and I blew it, got frustrated and bailed. I’ll definitely give it another shot.

SPOILER

I’ve been waiting to collect the 5th and final power cell to get the uber armor. I’m just getting to that quest now.

The hunting quests are AMAZING as you do some super fun stuff. Check out what I did here. It was one of the most satisfying and fun things I’ve done in the entire game.

I’m almost 11 hours in now and it says that is something like 15% completion.

What an awesome game.

jpinard, brilliant. Thats why I love this game SO much.

There are so many creative ways to go approach the challenges.

Am I totally nuts or is there no way to buy more than one wire for each button press? Im 33% through so if there is, im gonna regret this tendinitis.

Bring on the tendinitis, because I never found a way to buy more then one anything…

79 hours, 100% completion and the plat trophy. It’s going to take something REALLY fucking epic to unseat this as my GOTY. And just a tip for achievement hunters: Don’t worry, there isn’t an achievement for having to get all the various audio/text logs/books.

I’m over halfway through, and been quite diligent in my exploration but i don’t think I’ve found an audio log since the prologue, and the quest/world text logs from PDAs are very thin on the ground (no pun intended). Are they all hiding in the later areas?

Audio logs are mostly in the main quest missions.

Eh, I dunno about that.

I mean, don’t get me wrong, it was a great game… but at the same time, it didn’t really have the staying power of some other titles like fallout or witcher. I’m pretty sure both those games provided way more hours of playtime.

Again, it HZD was an amazing game… I had tons of fun playing it. But I didn’t get the “Holy shit, this is the best game I’ve ever played” feeling that I got from Witcher 3.

Some of the the text logs I’ve found in the world have been in super obscure locations. I can’t imagine many people getting them all without a guide. I’d quite like it if they patched in a purchaseable “cheat map” like for mugs, flowers and viewpoints.

I enjoyed it more than both Fallout and Witcher.

I’m not talking about YOUR GOTY, I’m talking about MY GOTY. Looking at what’s coming out this year, unless the new Mordor game really blows my mind, Horizon is going to be really hard to unseat. As to the Witcher 3, I’ve actually put more time into that, just over 100 hours I think and still haven’t finished it (Started over after one lengthy time of setting it down). Not sure if I will at this point. It’s also not all about the number of hours played. I have 230+ in Fallout 4 and haven’t done the last two DLC’s yet and, for me, Horizon stacks up higher than that by a good bit too.

As amazing as Horizon is, I think Zelda is surpassing it for me by a long shot.

Um, doesn’t the first Hunting Lodge merchant sell those very things? I just bought them and my map has overlays of all of those.

Yes, but I want one for the documents too.

Wittcher 3 was GOTY a few years ago. Can’t win again this year.

Ya, I’m just saying that as good as HZD is, I think it’s far too early to crown it as GOTY.

Everyone has their preferences. With H:ZD wrapped up, I dove into Zelda this weekend. And…it feels like a chore more than a game. I REALLY appreciate that they moved on from the: go to dungeon, find new tool, solve puzzle with tool, beat boss with tool, talk to people about new place that requires a different new tool, repeat.

However, the whole game is just endless puzzles. Limited use weapons and truely open world mean that each bend in the river, crested hill, or monster camp is another game pad driven sudoku puzzle. “Oh, I see, use the magnet on this rock, to blow up that barrel before the monsters get to their weapons on the log over there.”

It doesn’t feel like a world, or an adventure, or even a video game. I feel like someone just flopped a puzzle book in front of me and gave me the “freedom” to pick which page I want to open to. But it doesn’t matter as everything is a puzzle. Even the combat is a puzzle. And it’s all wrapped up in this narrative silence of localization dodging grunts and emotional noises.

Maybe I will warm to it, but right now, Zelda is far, FAR inferior to the narrative and mechanical gameplay experiences of H:ZD. For me.