Horizon Zero Dawn - Postapocalyptic cavewoman vs Zoids

I would say that if Horizon wasn’t your cup of tea, I cant imagine those other 2 working for you.

Perhaps telling us what games you liked would help. Mad Max is pretty good, Primal was ok. They both PALE in comparison to Horizon.

Well I liked it! I just have a high threshold for loving a game, and Horizon had too many small imperfections for me to get there. I imagine that Mad Max and Primal will also have too many imperfections for me to love them, but I might like them! I don’t know.

If I only played games I knew I was going to love, I’d never play any games.

Went back tonight and 100% it and got the platinum trophy.

• collecting all the stuff took about 2 hrs
  • missed a pretty long side quest that took about an hour. Yeah! More content!
  • whacking all the dummies took a while.

64 hrs. I guess it’s back to Zelda for me.

Update: Make sure you opt in to marketing emails on your psn account to get the email for the free exclusive platinum trophy theme code. I just got mine.

And done! At least for awhile, 40 hours, level 46, most of the side quests done…I think. I think it’s going to be hard to top this, so far my game of year. Really loved everything about this. I’m going to put it down for awhile so I can get to Zelda and Nier and Persona but I’ll likely come back to just spend time hunting and looking for more side quests. I’m pumped for any DLC/sequel this team puts out!

At the end of the year we need to plot the order we all played this year’s classics and which one was the GOTY at the time.

I’m really hoping they’ll get a bit of DLC or an expansion out before the end of the year, not only because I want more, but also to get the game back into people’s minds when it’s time to think about GOTYs. Such an amazing game.

Yeah that would be interesting. I’ve put about 5 hours into Zelda and about an hour or two into both Nier and Persona. My opinion could definitely change after I’m done with those games (Zelda is most likely to take its place I think) but I could have played any of those games and ZD was the one I wanted to finish first.

As to these games staying in the public mind I think some well-times DLC in the fall would be the perfect thing to remind people how awesome this game is. Especially since I may well still be trying to finish Zelda and Persona at the end of the year.

And if you want another peek behind the scenes, you might want to stop by at ArtStation because Guerrilla did a massive art drop today:

https://magazine.artstation.com/2017/05/guerrilla-games-horizon-dawn-art-blast/

Stole a bunch of time this weekend and spent 10 hours with this over the weekend. Thoroughly convinced right now that this is the best open world RPG since The Witcher 3. I’m completely in love with the characters, the story, and especially the setting.

DLC later this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5xsS1WZA54

So excited

DLC I am actually excited for, first for everything.

Awww yeah, I’m all for more H:ZD.

Microsoft recognizes quality

And you guys said I needed a PS4.

Well back in the day, would you have rather have played Halo or the games trying to be Halo like Killzone?

And I’m aware of the irony there in that GG made both Killzone and Horizon, but Killzone IMO was always meh and they totally knocked it out of the park with Horizon,

I was kidding, I’m amused by the cyclical nature of the industry, which I guess isn’t much different than any other industry. Of course Xbox will get a Horizon clone, because of course.

Okay - that had me laughing out loud! What a great kudos to the team that made Horizon Zero Dawn! Bravo!

if I’m a fan of story-driven games like Uncharted, Last-of-us, and Tomb Raider, will I enjoy this one? It seems like I might.