Hotline Miami

I enjoyed it. It sucked me in much like Lone Survivor did, not having particularly rich plot or gameplay but creating a focused experience that kept me interested in what happens next. The music plays a major role in this, I think, as does my inner OCD person trying to perfect a sequence of tasks in each level.

Kind of waiting for the spoiler thread to show up so you guys can tell me wtf happened in the game.

I was having a lot of fun with this, but I think I’m done after the eighth level or so. The combination of twitchy controls, fast enemies, and what feels like zero margin for error (plus, my own lack of skill/coordination, no doubt) is just making the game frustrating at this point.

Maybe someone will mod the game eventually to slow it down by maybe 10%. I’d totally be back on board then.

Still, I got my $10 worth of fun out of it.

Wow I want this.

I have a mid game question that is bothering me.

mid game enemy tactic

Is it possible to stealth kill the large enemies? In the police station I was able to get behind them and hit space to kill the detectives. But when I tried the same thing with the bouncers, nothing happened and they finish me off.

Goddamn, this game is hard.

I’ve only been able to shoot them. Hitting them with a door while wearing the horse mask might work, though.

What the shit? I guess I really need to take a look at this game then.

I finally understand what’s happening with that one mask that makes dogs ignore you. :)

I’m enjoying the game but finding it VERY tiring. Need to take a long break every 30-45mins.

Game of the year. Someone finally unlocked the potential of Syndicate.

No one has linked the launch trailer yet - it’s really something. These guys have a real eye.

I’m working on my second playthrough, and boy howdy I’m way better at this now.

I’m still trying to find all the secrets to figure out what’s going on though. I still have no idea.

What an amazing game!!!

Yeah it is. Where would this game be without its soundtrack though?

I can see the appeal, but am finding it difficult to control with WASD and the mouse. Controller support is coming in the future?

Must finish Mark of the Ninja so I can play this!

The dev says they’ve got it working and are just tuning it now, should be ready for the next patch.

DLC planned. Controller support planned.

They’re going to play this song at my funeral, and my epitaph will read

Killed by a man in a cobra mask who threw a beer can at his face

Best song in the game for me. I think it was in one of the pre-release trailers and I was all over it after that.

Knocked over by a door and then kicked in the face by a guy who looked like a puppy.

Sweeeeet, just got the secret ending.