Hotline Miami

I’m one letter away! argg

Edit: Got it. That specific letter was harder than I thought, but then I realized the specific level

not a big spoiler, but still

is not a timed thing, it’s based on how many guys you down

Dang it you guys! I never even heard of this game until just yesterday. And already it’s on my must-buy-soon list, in no small part due to the soundtrack linked to earlier. The trailer was excellent also. I haven’t even seen any gameplay footage yet. Heading off to Giant Bomb next, but I have a feeling I’ll be spending a little bit of money soon that I hadn’t planned on spending.

I take back my GOTY designation for Hotline Miami, the second boss does the stupid-game-designer trick of having completely unrelated game mechanics for fighting him.

omfghard little game. mad little game as well. i consider it ten bucks well spent.

The reason the music is so great is because most of it is actual music, it wasn’t contracted for the game. Happy to see cactus finally getting a payday after all the free games he has made. Is this the first gamemaker game to get a release on steam?

Anyone pay attention to the testers section of the credits? It is a who’s who of indie game developers.

This game is incredible. Most stylish game I played all year. Better music and art design than any AAA title that has come out recently.

I’m going between Assassin’s Creed and this and, honestly, big budgets make games bland as fuck. Mark of the Ninja is better looking than Dishonoured, FTL is better looking than XCOM, and Hotline Miami is better looking than Assassin’s Creed III.

That’s fucked up.

Yeah, I’ve been playing this game a bunch lately, and it’s just really fun.

I mean, sometimes you get all pissed off because you make the same stupid mistake five times in a row, but that just took like 18 seconds - so who cares?

The sound and visual and design are a huge part of the appeal, but the combat is just brutal and satisfying.

Maybe I’m just a snobby PC gamer, but I’d rather have a dozen games like FTL and Hotline:Miami than some of the bigger titles. I’m planning to check out Cargo Commander tonight. All for less than the price of a new 360 game!

OK, let’s not get too crazy here.

Controller support is in: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/05/controlled-elimination-hotline-miami-gamepad-support/

This game is like GTA1 as a NES game as re-imagined by Suda51.

I stand by it. Style and vision outweigh any number of shaders.

Good, now I can buy it.

How does GOG distribute patches? Is it through the GOG downloader or do you have to snag it directly from their website?

You get them from the GOG website, though my copy is 1.1 (the first patch), so it looks like they haven’t put up the new version yet. Also, they will probably just put up the new installer rather than have a patch. That’s what they did for 1.1

Anyone else having trouble getting the 360 pad enabled in the new version? I have the latest drivers (64 bit) but I just cannot toggle the Yes/No option to enable it. Neither arrow keys nor A/D will work.

I want to pimp this again to anyone who hasn’t checked it out. Microsoft is dropping big money to do live action movies to promote Halo 4, but this 1:30 short has more emotion, atmosphere, and is way more evocative of playing the actual game than a guy dressed in funny armor shooting a space gun at an alien.

Really, really good, and I wish they’d stick it in the game somewhere so more people see it because it deserves to be seen.

Of all the gross murderers, Hotline Miami makes me feel like the grossest.

I need to take a shower or something.

2.0 is now on GOG. You need to redownload the .exe and install again, but you can transfer your saves with a simple copy/paste.

This god damn soundtrack. I was just walking through night city today from work listening to Jasper Byrne - Miami or MOON - Paris or Pertubator - Miami Disco and jesus F. christ what an awesome experience that is. Favourite OST of the year for me by far.

Game was good too :-)