House V

They ruled out him being loopy early on in the whole arc. Ruling out something early often just means that it gets ruled back in near the end of things once they have new data or realized they overlooked something–such as House realizing he’s still running Project Mayhem. All part of the formula. He even needed a crash cart once.

I don’t get the hate for the ending – I liked it. As Armando says, it resolved ours concerns about the miracle recovery. It also answers our questions about whether Happy House is boring. Adn, as others have pointed out, this was not completely out of the blue and continues the storyline that started with Head Amber’s appearance.

I’m excited to see where they go with it next season.

Right there with you. I’m perfectly happy with now, as when the arc started, House absorbing Raines. Raines really was a good little overlooked show; Goldblum’s character was House-like in a lot of ways, only with smartassed misanthropy gone weary and mellow instead of angry–it pointed to a good direction to take the character without having him become functional-boring. Still does even if they reset away from the hallucinated other schtick come next season, for that matter.

I’m disappointed they didn’t have more of House hallucinating while on clinic duty. When they reset, they really need to crack down on him shirking his clinic hours.

I liked the ending too. Hope they bring in Mira Sorvino as House’s psychiatrist after he gets out of the psychiatric hospital.

It was an odd but acceptable ending to the season. Honestly, the only way at this point the writers could convincingly get House to change his behavior was to have something happen that scared him badly both personally and professionally. Cracking up is pretty much the only thing that could do both at the same time (considering all the other shit he’s been through that had no effect previously), so it works.

The Chase/Cameron wedding like 24 hours after they “made up” was kind of ridiculous. “I never cancelled the wedding plans” doesn’t cut it when you’ve got guests flying in from Australia and who knows where. Minor nit-pick though, as overall I thought this season of House was excellent and look forward to seeing what happens next season.

The out on that would be that Chase’s family is loaded, if I remember correctly. Also, this season has convinced me that Cameron is precisely the kind of flaky, flighty submegulloid that would semi-intentionally forget to do a thing like that.

AFAIK, Chase was still written out of his dad’s will when the old man kicked the bucket from cancer, so I don’t really know if he ever landed his daddy’s millions.

The second half of that, though? Oh yeah, definitely a Cameron move.

Chase being poor (well, for a doctor) doesn’t change the fact that the people flying in from Australia are still probably quite capable of paying for such a flight, since they are rich.

Count me in as liking the ending to the season as well. Saw the twist coming last week, since the previous attempt to get rid of head-Amber was unsuccessful.
It seemed way too easy and not in the show’s spirit. Addiction gone and Cuddy and him get it on, just like that? No, House doesn’t just all of a sudden get most everything he wants and becomes a well adjusted person (as much as possible for him to be) his own team has trouble recognizing. Wrong show for that, so it had to be another fakeout.

good call on the insult.

Decent ending. A schizophrenic House made a lot more sense than a Vicodin obsessed guy ( Vicodin illusions? Funky ). At least I hope that’s more what they leaned towards.

Either way; fat, dumb, and happy here…

I thought if he was diagnosed as schizo he wouldn’t be allowed to practice. Won’t be much of a show without a Dr’s license. I think the institution will turn out to be Wilson’s rehab. The Vicodin has to be the cause.

I liked it too, though I don’t want to wait for the new season.

So i’m a hulu watcher, so i’m like seven days behind or something…

But maybe i was hallucinating myself, but there was that moment where Cutty brings House into Wilsons office right after he figures out he’s crazy. When they first enter the office, the door has Wilson’s name on it, but then there is a flash and Wilson’s name isn’t on the door.

Did I see that right? Or am i just reading into things?

I think you saw the wood panel on the corridor wall and not the door.

Last in the thread to see the ending (I had a huge backlog from work travel here lately.) I thought it was so-so and unlike another person here I hated the scenes with “shaky camera.” Leave that shit for the war movies. Odd angles I can handle but if it looks like you had four doubleshots in a row and then picked up the camera … no.

I’m not sure where they will go with this but like Icehole I think it’s rehab despite the name of the hospital we saw as he walked in. The whole flashback sequence at the end kind of ties all his hallucinating with the actual vicodin container as well. It just makes sense that this is rehab, but in a way that House actually wants it. He knows he’s screwed up now.

I won’t be sad to see Amber gone, I hated the character and really didn’t enjoy the Amber Head visions that much. She reminds me of an old girlfriend you break up with but instead of fading away seems to place herself everywhere you happen to be, annoying the crap out of you.

I’m also glad to see we can move on from Cameron/Chase problem of the week and hopefully, we will get a new cast member (or two) next season into the mix.

This show has been crashed into a tree.

The Kuttner suicide reeked of administrative necessity rather that dramatic intent.

The conversations with Amber’s ghost reeked of Grey’s Anatomy.

The poorly filmed and edited mental hospital ending reeked of “we don’t know what the hell else to do.”

Words fail me.

Every single scene Olivia Wilde is in makes me want to punch myself in the face. Her character is the worst addition to a show since The Great Gazoo.

Holy crap.